• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can you give me some lens advice for the following.???

lucozade

Oakley Beginner
Ireland
Good evening,

Not sure if I have already confirmed my location so if I haven't it's Ireland. Due to this I find that most of time I'm wearing sunglasses it will be overcast and starting to get dull and dark as the evening approaches. I currently own deep water lens which I find too dark. I really like the blue tints however I assume they will be much the same judging by the lens charts. I would really like to get a really good everyday lens which can cope better with the above conditions I will primarily use them in.

Would you guys please give me some suggestions on suitable lens to check out please.?

Finally I've recently found I've gone off polarised lens as I really dislike the effect they have showing like a film on must cars especially the rear view windows I assume all polarised lenses do this.?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers AJ

Hey mate.

I live in England, so we have fairly similar weather conditions.

Which frame/frames do you have your DWP lenses in?

Polarised lenses are best worn around water, AJ.

OO Red polarized is a favourite “might rain” lens. (Try it inexpensively in a Chainlink).
Prizm Daily polarized?
VR28
You also could consider a Transitions/Photochromic lens, though of course they don’t change tint while in the car…

I currently have the dwp in my Holbrook frame. I'm looking to try non polarised due to not liking the way it shows windscreen and rear windows in particular. I just don't like the way it makes them appear!!

Prizm Tungsten might be a good one to try if you’re looking for increased contrast in overcast conditions. It is available in both polarized and non-polarized.

Also note there are some differences between +Red and OO Red. The OO Red has a rose base tint, but it’s only available in polarized form. The +Red can be had in non-polar and it does a better job hiding your eyes, but it has a neutral base tint.

Back