• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can You Turn A Minute Machine Band Inside Out?

I saw a minute machine where just the middle area of the strap was polished and it looked good - still matched the casing since the outer parts were the original finish

Yes. Remove the allens at the caseing and the clasp, flip and reinstall.

I actually reinstalled my clasp facing the other way because it felt better to me.

Yes. Remove the allens at the caseing and the clasp, flip and reinstall.

I actually reinstalled my clasp facing the other way because it felt better to me.

You cannot flip the links (inside to outside) the amount of rotation you can get is less. It is hard to tell looking at the links but they are not symmetrical. There is an inside and an outside. When I have them apart I always have to check the rotation to make sure it is correct. It may work flipped if you have a big wrist but not how it is suppose to be.

Wtf? You're the ultimate maker of things around here... Looking at mine, I would say yes, you can flip all of the links around and it'd still work.

Well I was playing with mine and it doesn't seem like the links work as well the other way, but I don't have an Allen set with me at school (since they're metric).

But thanks for the title of ultimate maker of things around here lol

Send it to Oakley and they should be able to fix it some what. I did that for mine and it came back looking brand new. Only cost me $40