• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can You Turn A Minute Machine Band Inside Out?

If the scratches are deep, not much you can do. Just polishing will make the scratches look worse. If there is enough material you can sand the scratches out with 600 grit. Then follow up with Scotchbrite and it will look factory fresh. I have done this more than a few time with my MM and when its done you cannot tell the difference between my used MM and my NIB. To polish, after 600 progress through 800 then 1500 to 2000. My favorite metal polish is Blue Magic. I have done 2 12 Gauges and have a spare black MM I may do soon.

If the scratches are deep, not much you can do. Just polishing will make the scratches look worse. If there is enough material you can sand the scratches out with 600 grit. Then follow up with Scotchbrite and it will look factory fresh. I have done this more than a few time with my MM and when its done you cannot tell the difference between my used MM and my NIB. To polish, after 600 progress through 800 then 1500 to 2000. My favorite metal polish is Blue Magic. I have done 2 12 Gauges and have a spare black MM I may do soon.

Please post pics of some of your previous polishing jobs, would love to see that

I would like to have one done in matte black but idk about taking it apart

Something like that is possible. I remember someone I know pulling theirs all apart and doing the band two tone. He's good like that. Only see him 2-3 times per year though.

That kind of stuff is a little beyond me ;)