• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cancer Awareness Giveaway

I lost my Father to Lung Cancer 14 days after my 18th Birthday. He was an Army Veteran and a retired Philadelphia Police Officer. He was my best friend and the biggest influence on my life, despite losing him when I was so young. Cancer continues to be so devastating to so many lives and in our technologically advanced society should be eradicated. The Holiday season is a joyous time of celebration no matter your religious affiliation. The Holidays can also be a time of reflection and sadness for some, as we remember those we lost throughout the course of our lives. I choose to keep the Holidays joyous, as I spend time with my family as we celebrate and thank God for the time we have. I reflect positively on those who are no longer able to share in our joy, but were such a big part of who we are collectively and the memory of them and Holidays past sustains us and continues to make our celebrations special.

My son will be 19 in February and I thank God everyday for every second I get to spend with him and my daughter. I know that life is short and I want to make every day count, as my father did for my brother and I. I pray daily that I will be able to see them get married, have children and share in the joys that come with adult life and families of their own.

I live a blessed life that is full of wonderful Family and Friends.

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe, happy and Healthy holiday season and New Year. Remember every day is a blessing. ;)

Amazing thing of you to do man! Such a bad thing to deal with I know many people that have had cancer some won the battle but more have lost it. it seems to be all over the place and affects so many people. I truly hope they find a cure someday. Merry Christmas!

I lost my Father to Lung Cancer 14 days after my 18th Birthday. He was an Army Veteran and a retired Philadelphia Police Officer. He was my best friend and the biggest influence on my life, despite losing him when I was so young. Cancer continues to be so devastating to so many lives and in our technologically advanced society should be eradicated. The Holiday season is a joyous time of celebration no matter your religious affiliation. The Holidays can also be a time of reflection and sadness for some, as we remember those we lost throughout the course of our lives. I choose to keep the Holidays joyous, as I spend time with my family as we celebrate and thank God for the time we have. I reflect positively on those who are no longer able to share in our joy, but were such a big part of who we are collectively and the memory of them and Holidays past sustains us and continues to make our celebrations special.

My son will be 19 in February and I thank God everyday for every second I get to spend with him and my daughter. I know that life is short and I want to make every day count, as my father did for my brother and I. I pray daily that I will be able to see them get married, have children and share in the joys that come with adult life and families of their own.

I live a blessed life that is full of wonderful Family and Friends.

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe, happy and Healthy holiday season and New Year. Remember every day is a blessing. ;)
Merry Christmas brother

Amazing thing of you to do man! Such a bad thing to deal with I know many people that have had cancer some won the battle but more have lost it. it seems to be all over the place and affects so many people. I truly hope they find a cure someday. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas brother

Lost my granddad to lung cancer. Not a big family, so it was only me, my mom and my grandma at the funeral. still remember that day vividly. Unfortunately my grandma turned to alcohol to ease the pain of being alone in the house after being married for 40 years. I should have done more, regretting it to this day.... i was not considerate enough.....But I know they both are in heaven now, helping me everyday, and God is protecting all of us.

Merry Christmas and God bless to all forum members, also to those that are gone, and also to those that are not able to respond to this thread.

Back