• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can't believe I missed out on these Penny's!

I told PayPal I would video tape the unboxing. They told me on the phone it was not necessary, but I'm still going to do it. He lied about the location. Lied about shipping overnight. Has negative feedback for sending empty packages. Where I on the other hand have a 100% positive feedback over 18 years of constant use. I was reassured that if I get an empty box, I would get a refund. Still...covering all my tracks. Ugh...I hate this!

I have 4 (will be 5 when this pair arrives) sets of Pennys. All have serial numbers aside from a titanium model with ice lenses. It also needs a tune rather badly...so I think that's the one I should have done in black, no? Certainly don't want to use my XM####, the other ones I have are all in rather good shape. The one I am expecting has a PI#### serial number, and it should have ice lenses but it looks like they are fire. Not sure if they are OEM or not. Not a big difference since I am really only after the frame.

So I take it it would make best sense to send the one in without a serial number since that one also requires a tune the most? I don't want to send my XM model in or my polished one because I am having @Chris A Hardaway cut me some chrome polar lenses to go with the polished frame. Chris is actually going to be cutting about a dozen lenses for me. How does the cerekote/matte black compare to the OEM carbon? I wonder how come Oakley never did any black/carbon Penny frames. I have a Ducatti Juliet that is carbon so I plan to use that for chrome and 24K lenses...not sure yet. Unless I find another sweet deal on a carbon Juliet.

So sending the non-serial Penny that needs a tune to be done in black is the way to go? Thanks guys!!

Harry

wvst8i.jpg

He replied to me and said he was sorry and that I have nothing to worry about and that I will have them on Friday. I told him how can he say that, I paid for overnight shipping, and they won't arrive for about another week. "Don't worry about it" he said. Really?

That aside...am I making the right call by sending the non serial Pennys to have done in black since they also need a tune? I have PLENTY of lenses....I suppose I may send in another Penny that could use a slight tune since I am sending one in as well.

I would send the non serial for the tune and black magic! Definitely. Save the serial pieces, just tune them!
I know it's late there but just sent you a pm. Re lens colors like the 24k p donors and chrome p donors. We might need to use tacos after all :(

Last edited:
I would send the non serial for the tune and black magic! Definitely. Dave the serial pieces, just tune them!
I know it's late there but just sent you a pm. Re lens colors like the 24k p donors and chrome p donors. We might need to use tacos after all :(

Yeah....makes sense, it needs a tune anyway and it has a number. Silly question actually now that I think about it. I hit ya back via PM...thanks man.

Harry