• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade - Possible Design Flaw Or Isolated Issue?

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
On my FCB's, where the CF portion of the arm joins into the red hinge part it has become loose. There is no adjustment for this portion and my second pair nor any pair I've checked out in a store have this.

It's odd because I have worn them twice for about 20 minutes each time so it's not abuse, but if it's just glue preventing them from wiggling that's going to become an issue for a lot of people.

I reallllllly don't want to send them in for warranty but it looks like I have no choice.

Here is a stock pic to show the area I am talking about; has anyone else noticed this?
image.jpg

I just got the ferrari pair two weeks ago, wearing them daily on the boat and at the pool, no problems yet, lots of compliments on these.oakley says they wont repair them unless they were purchased at an authorized oakley store.....I got them from a forum member, am I screwed if they need repair?????

I just got the ferrari pair two weeks ago, wearing them daily on the boat and at the pool, no problems yet, lots of compliments on these.oakley says they wont repair them unless they were purchased at an authorized oakley store.....I got them from a forum member, am I screwed if they need repair?????
Pretty standard for non-transferable warranties.

Wow thanks for this info iam considering buying one of these i guess ill pass on this one.

Because one person has a cosmetic issue? Even just among forum members you're looking at what, 5% or less?

Not to make light of Yeti's issue, but with no one else having an issue I'm not going to rush to any conclusions about quality issues.

Well if youre will8ng to gamble 450 bucks for these be my guest with no guaranteed repairs? Ill stick with what i know XMETALS thats just me.

Back