• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade Review

To me the Ferrari is like some of their cars - almost too Red, not as defined. I like [PREFER] the detail in a couple of the standard editions. That said I think its a good bet that the color is 'Ferrari-licensed'. There is a pic of the outer box in my set that shows this detail and licensing info:

Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 5.33.32 PM.png

The last three digits of my pairs (yes, I bought 2) are xxxxxx291 and xxxxxx296, respectively.
Therefore, even though the frame itself is not serialized the box is in a licensing sort of way.

Honestly, I would have probably preferred the OO Red with those frames, not the ruby. Maybe one day I'll get brave and switch them?

Last edited:
To me the Ferrari is like some of their cars - almost too Red, not as defined. I like the detail in a couple of the standard editions. That said I think its a good bet that the color is 'Ferrari-licensed'. There is a pic of the outer box in my set that shows this detail and licensing info:

View attachment 3493

The last three digits of my pairs (yes, I bought 2) are xxxxxx291 and xxxxxx296, respectively.
Therefore, even though the frame itself is not serialized the box is in a licensing sort of way.

Honestly, I would have probably preferred the OO Red with those frames, not the ruby. Maybe one day I'll get brave and switch them?
I honestly think 24k/fire lens would be better suited. Since if it's not a red Ferrari, it's a yellow Ferrari. lol

I can't wait to get my hands on the Ferrari Edition!

Anyone find them at the store yet? I see them online but I went to my local o-store and they still don't have them.

I actually had a guy at the local Vault call me yesterday to 'update me', so I 'updated him'. I told him I had them all, including 2x Ferrari and he was blown away - no stores in the area have them yet, not even showing as 'processing', so it could be day - a week or three? He went as far as to ask that I bring them all down for the staff to see, along with some other special pieces of interest in the cab. It was cool to share the info, but disappointing to hear that the distribution for these things has gone sideways. Depending on your area it might be a while before you/we see them in local stores.

Last edited:
I actually had a guy at the local Vault call me yesterday to 'update me', so I 'updated him'. I told him I had them all, including 2x Ferrari and he was blown away - no stores in the area have them yet, not even showing as 'processing', so it could be day - a week or three? He went as far as to ask that I bring them all down for the staff to see, along with some other special pieces of interest in the cab. It was cool to share the info, but disappointing to hear that the distribution for these things has gone sideways. Depending on your area it might be a while before you/we see them in local stores.

Thanks for the update!

I want to order them online but I like to support my local store whenever I can. I'll just have to take a dose of patience and live by-curiously through you guys lol

Thanks for the update!

I want to order them online but I like to support my local store whenever I can. I'll just have to take a dose of patience and live by-curiously through you guys lol

It was saying 14 day wait the other day and now showing "estimated" 4/11/14. They either have sold way past first run expectations or importation of parts was delayed.

Just picked up a pair of the Ferrari here in Denver (Park Meadows). They recieved 2 of each color this afternoon. Put my name on this list about 30 days ago. I was #1 of 4 on the list just for the Ferrrari. After reading this review + the fact that I love my custom cut OO Red Juliets I was indecisive... until I saw how RED the ruby is. Then the question was do I just get 1 color way. For now I just got the 1 but when my wife saw them... well we may be getting a color that we can share since they fit her (and luckily she doesn't like red).

Last edited:
I think they had others, Holbrooks, Frogskins, and others with polars....

It also depends on what you call 'Ruby' has been a subjective and ever changing description for Oakley lenses for as long as Oakley has been making lenses. These Ferrari's are somewhat unique - I am wondering if the Jupiter Ferrari will be the same color/hue/etc...? I guess I'll know when it gets here, already ordered :)

My local store called me yesterday and they got some in but only 2 of the Ferrari. They have one on hold for me so I will go check them out tomorrow. I just wasn't sure if this was the first pair offered in Ruby Polar as it would sway me a little bit.

Back