• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade

I tried a pair of CBs at the vault this past weekend (ice; they were sold out of the Ferraris). I had read elsewhere here that the nosepads were not adjustable but they are, as far as pinch / spread goes.

I don't know, after all the hype here from people loving them I was a little disappointed. They did fit well and I couldn't shake them off, but I was afraid to try too hard (crash! ka-ching!) and they did move a little bit. They also had that big heavy security doohickey on one earstem and that kept me from appreciating their light weight.

I know you need to wear them more than just a couple of minutes to truly appreciate them and I'm still thinking of getting a pair at some point, but the lust has cooled a little bit...

The salesguy mentioned rumors of future relaunched x-metals - I think that's BS, not going to happen, and even if they did I think they'd be poor in comparison to the originals. Beaten to death.

But, I sure didn't need him dangling that in front of me. Though my brain knows it's BS there's some part deep inside shouting "x-metals coming back!?!?!" like that dog in the beggin' strips commercial...

Back