• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blades

I'm actually quite interested in these. They are definitely old school looking but with the modern Carbon Fiber Element. I know for a fact that my dad will be all over these...since he only wears half frames.

I could see these being a popular sport model at Sochi.

Also, O-Review has the model lineup but no pictures:

Carbon Blade
Matte Pewter
Grey Polarized
OO9174-01
---
Carbon Blade
Matte/Satin Black
Black Iridium Polarized
OO9174-03
---
Carbon Blade
Matte/Satin Black
Ice Iridium Polarized
OO9174-05
---
Carbon Blade
Polished Red
Ruby Iridium Polarized
OO9174-06
---
Carbon Blade
Polished Titanium
Titanium Iridium Polarized
OO9174-04
---
Carbon Blade
Polished/Satin Black
OO Red Iridium Polarized
OO9174-02

So much anticipation and I am not impressed with the design. Cool that they are making a full carbon fiber pair and good that they dropped the price but the style is not appealing to me in pictures. I would like to try one on though in person and maybe I could be convinced.

Thanks for the leak.

Gonna have to sleep on these. So far I'm only considering the M2. But even then my interest has slightly died down.

I wouldn't make a resemblance to fakes, but I feel like the use of CF was forced as an addition as opposed to creatively utilized in Oakley fashion. Just looks too simple of aesthetic design.
Of course more intricate and complete shapes would result in something more expensive (as we saw with the C6), but being just mere lines is...eh. Reminds me of Rudy Project.

I would've gone for a trade off of some sort. More shaped carbon arms, o-matter/alloy orbitals. A fixed-arm (ala M-Frame Pro) monocoque design seems doable too if the lens interfaces aren't too small.

Haters gonna hate. Just picked up a pair to replace my fast jackets. Love these...fit perfect and you forget they are on. Got the matte black and the icon is blacked out and looks stealthy, not too flashy. Wish the lenses could be interchangeable.

Latest Posts

Back