• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon C Six Prices

CigarAficionado

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ok…what’s the deal with people wanting $15k and $20k for the carbon C Six. I’ve been away for a few years, but damn, have things really changed that much? Or are these people just some clowns with a bad joke?

I’d like to hear what some of the experienced collectors have to say about it.

Ok…what’s the deal with people wanting $15k and $20k for the carbon C Six. I’ve been away for a few years, but damn, have things really changed that much? Or are these people just some clowns with a bad joke?

I’d like to hear what some of the experienced collectors have to say about it.
They’re living in an alternate reality.

Yeah, I joined almost a decade ago and have watched the evolution of Oakley collections, and really can’t understand how those prices I stated are justified.

Even members on this forum though, they’re asking those amounts. Not really sure how to feel about it. SMH
Who?

Yeah, I joined almost a decade ago and have watched the evolution of Oakley collections, and really can’t understand how those prices I stated are justified.

Even members on this forum though, they’re asking those amounts. Not really sure how to feel about it. SMH
Means they do not really want to sell it... Just show off they have it!

... they were members and now they has become flippers ... you will all also become flippers- its just a matter of time and perspective XD

to the point:
1. there is practically no chance for any other company to make similar glasses with such a watchmaking presence
2. How many sunglasses have been made in the world from carbon fiber in cooperation with mclaren?
3. It wasn't a project to make money - it was a statement. As Oakley we can and do amazing things!
4. The marketing of products has completely changed now ... there was a time when a limited series was made to drive the sale of cheaper glasses. Customer was coming to oakley store ..."c-six too expensive? We have something cheaper - pit boss" The C-six were supposed to support sales of pit bosses.
Now you are creating a product that needs to pay for itself economically.
5. Made in USA
6. the owner can see that they have sold for 7,000 on ebay, so why should he offer a lower price here
7. if you sell them once - you may regret that decision .. so you better sell it expensive
8. the fact that the glasses were only produced in 300 units

... they were members and now they has become flippers ... you will all also become flippers- its just a matter of time and perspective XD

to the point:
1. there is practically no chance for any other company to make similar glasses with such a watchmaking presence
2. How many sunglasses have been made in the world from carbon fiber in cooperation with mclaren?
3. It wasn't a project to make money - it was a statement. As Oakley we can and do amazing things!
4. The marketing of products has completely changed now ... there was a time when a limited series was made to drive the sale of cheaper glasses. Customer was coming to oakley store ..."c-six too expensive? We have something cheaper - pit boss" The C-six were supposed to support sales of pit bosses.
Now you are creating a product that needs to pay for itself economically.
5. Made in USA
6. the owner can see that they have sold for 7,000 on ebay, so why should he offer a lower price here
7. if you sell them once - you may regret that decision .. so you better sell it expensive
8. the fact that the glasses were only produced in 300 units
It's been beaten to death already but there's a difference between market appreciation, flipping, and scalping.

Back