• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Fiber Case Mod

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
Has anyone attempted to remove the lining on a Carbon Fiber Case? I'm attempting to do it but the glue is really strong and I'm trying not to damage the inner lining. I thought about a heat gun but unsure on how well the case will hold up. I don't want the case to warp.

I could cut out the lining but I'm trying to keep it in tact.

I'm attempting to see if with the lining removed there will be enough room for a pair of Juliets. It looks like there just might be enough room.

I'll follow up with results when I'm done

Interested if this actually works...
You and me both :rolleyes:

I hope to make some progress this weekend.

I'll probably try a low setting on the heat gun from the inside to see if that loosens the glue a bit and they try to pull the lining away.

If that fails most likely I'll just tear it out. I can get impatient sometimes and I'm great at demolishing things

@V2oak ? I think he may have possibly done this but maybe not.

I don't think the Carbon Fiber case would warp though.

Maybe we have injuneers here who could help? ;)

@OakleyFrankFMJ who me? Why me?? LOL
Anyway are you guys talking about the torpedo CF case or the Sqaure O CF case?

Edit: i did remove the outer lining before and it didnt give me a hard time to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@OakleyFrankFMJ who me? Why me?? LOL
Anyway are you guys talking about the torpedo CF case or the Sqaure O CF case?

Edit: i did remove the outer lining before and it didnt give me a hard time to remove it.

Torpedo, but I'm guessing the glue and the process to remove the lining would be similar.

Just to be certain we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the felt-like lining on the inside of the case

Torpedo, but I'm guessing the glue and the process to remove the lining would be similar.

Just to be certain we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the felt-like lining on the inside of the case

Ah ok then i havent tried that as i dont want to anyway i was thinking to soak it it water to soften the glue because if you use a heatgun then the outer finish might be affected. So its on your own risk buddy LOL and if you mess it up charge it to @OakleyFrankFMJ because he drag me into this. LOL

Ah ok then i havent tried that as i dont want to anyway i was thinking to soak it it water to soften the glue because if you use a heatgun then the outer finish might be affected. So its on your own risk buddy LOL and if you mess it up charge it to @OakleyFrankFMJ because he drag me into this. LOL

:twitch:

@V2oak ? I think he may have possibly done this but maybe not.

I don't think the Carbon Fiber case would warp though.

Maybe we have injuneers here who could help? ;)

I couldn't find what they actually make it out of. So I was just being cautious.

Since I'm not a chemast I didn't want to take any chances

I've had situations in the past where I've said to myself....... "I don't think anything bad will happen....." that was followed by a....... "$h!t I just 'effed' that up!"

Back