• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Fiber Case Mod

Xmetals would not fit on this case, only penny can fit thats why theres is a separate case for xmetals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
Well after all the glue is out here are the results......

In pic 1 it doesn't look like they will fit. I tried tilting back and forth trying new angles. Either the front part of the earstem near the temple would hang over the case, or the nosebridge in front.

In pic 2 I put the microfiber bag on and for some reason it looked like this was going to fit......and it did.

Pic 3 is closed with glasses in the case. They are very tight. And you can see a bit of the bag. It's tough to tell if the frames are being bent. The case closed and it didn't feel like there was any resistance as it was clamping shut. I was able to get the case completely closed with out the bag hanging out.

I'll play around with this some more and post results

View attachment 314096 View attachment 314097 View attachment 314098 Well after all the glue is out here are the results......

In pic 1 it doesn't look like they will fit. I tried tilting back and forth trying new angles. Either the front part of the earstem near the temple would hang over the case, or the nosebridge in front.

In pic 2 I put the microfiber bag on and for some reason it looked like this was going to fit......and it did.

Pic 3 is closed with glasses in the case. They are very tight. And you can see a bit of the bag. It's tough to tell if the frames are being bent. The case closed and it didn't feel like there was any resistance as it was clamping shut. I was able to get the case completely closed with out the bag hanging out.

Super cool idea and execution. Some may ask "why?" I say "STFU that's freakin cool!" LOL. Thinking about putting any sort of liner in there? Like sacrificing a couple micro baggies? 3 for $10 at the vault. And you could have a patterned liner!

Super cool idea and execution. Some may ask "why?" I say "STFU that's freakin cool!" LOL. Thinking about putting any sort of liner in there? Like sacrificing a couple micro baggies? 3 for $10 at the vault. And you could have a patterned liner!
Would like to get a liner in. For now I just put them in the m.f. bag.

Microfiber could be an option.

Where did you find them 3 for $10? The old Vault is closed and Oakley online has black and white for $6 ea. Patterns are $10 ea.

View attachment 314096 View attachment 314097 View attachment 314098 Well after all the glue is out here are the results......

Well...who would have thought?!!! Someone's been the Guinea pig and finally did it. Well done! You have paved the way for the pilgrims to follow, oh haloed intrepid pioneer!!

Latest Posts

Back