• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Juliet W/ Black Iridium

I can install new polished stainless rivits .if it needs a bridge tune it doesn't matter what they are now.

guys,
I just notice something on this juliet. Are the stems supposed to be completely folded like this? the earstem actually touches the mandible part of the frame when fold in. Because this was my first juliet, I thought it was normal since everything seems to checked out fine. However, bought a BNIB plasma/ice frame a very reliable member here and it arrived in pristine condition as should just like purchased new directly from oakley. The plasma/ice ear stems closes at 90 degree and locked before they could touch the mandible part of the frame. Could this be part of juliet frame variations or the carbon/BIP i got on craigslist actually is a really really good fake? I've worn it a few times without headaches or anything of that nature. The polarized lens appears 100% legit. It could just have a been a third party stem replaced by the original owner

first photo is of the carbon/BIP in question
DSC_0834_zps0d1e07c5.jpg

second photo is of the plasma/ice from a reliable collector here.
DSC_0835_zps2ffbdf2a.jpg

left nose bridge is factory tight like the NIB plasma/ice. Right nose bridge loose but still very usable. No damage at all. You can see in the earlier part of the post, the right nose bridge has a gap and is somewhat loose

I have 2 juliets bought bnib at an Ostore that does that with the right earstem, it hits the orbital part of the frame, left does not. So i fold the left before the right so there is no touching of any part. Try folding the right before the left and see what happens. But those are definitely authentic to me.

yeah, I tightened it earlier today. It was already tight. Didn't move much if at all. I used the good jewelers type T6 driver. Yeah, there's nothing else that is suspicious of this frame. On mine, both the right and left stem touches the frame when fold. I'm starting to think that this may just be variations among juliet frame.

at what point the arms stop has to do with the stop tang on the arms too. You could tweak the orb out a tad if that kind of stuff bothers you