• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Juliets (04-159 Ducati but not complete)

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
I recently purchased a pair of Ducati (04-159) Carbon Juliets. They no longer have their Ducati lenses and the seller told me he replaced the lenses with BIP. The problem is the word "POLARIZED" is not etched on the left lens so I can't say for sure what the lenses are. He said they were installed at LensCrafters. He did not keep the original lenses :oops:. You will notice them pictured with my BNIB x-metal/black iridium (not polarized) Juliets. Anyone have thoughts on the lenses in the carbon pair?

The original red ear socks and temple shocks were replaced with new black pieces but the spare red 15 temples and small nose pads were in the box, still in the plastic bag and unused. The original store mistakenly sold these carbon frames with an x-metal/black iridium box and the owner didn't notice. The frame is in very good condition and surprisingly doesn't need a tune-up. I had planned to keep them for myself or my son, but just found out I have to buy a $2000+ helmet for work so might have to let them go. I will give it a couple of days to decide.

Here are some pics of how it looked when I got it and with some custom white ear socks and temple shocks. I never thought I would like white but they certainly make a difference. Thanks for looking.
BIlens8.jpe
BIlens7.jpe
bilensxmtl.jpe
bilenswh3.jpe
bilenswh5.jpe
bilenswh6.jpe

ducjul2.jpe
ducjul1.jpe

Last edited:
I think the white rubber looks good. One way to test if the lenses are polarized is to take them out of the frame and hold them one in front of the other facing a computer screen or cell phone. Rotate one lens and if they darken then they are polarized.

The carbon frame with white rubber definitely looks great!

BTW, you don't actually need to take the lenses out of the frame to test if they're polarized. Just hold the glasses in front of a computer monitor and rotate. They'll darken If polarized.

Thank you. I did what you said and the lenses did darken. I just assumed all polarized Juliet lenses were etched like my fire polarized ones are. Now its getting tougher to possibly let these go.

Good question. He told me Oakley BIP and bought the lenses and had them installed at the same place he bought the Juliets orginally; LensCrafters. I haven't even worn this pair yet so will have to give them a try at least once.

If they do not say Polarized then they are not OEM Juliet lenses. Have you removed the lenses from the frame to look at the bevel? Maybe custom cut?

I'd say the seller has/had no clue.....the ear socks are upside down :punish:

From what I've heard, RX polar were not etched, even with a 0 prescription.

Then OCP sets were often unetched.

Then there's custom cuts, with the etching cut off.

The seller definitely didn't know much about his Juliets. I will have to take the lenses out and take a closer look.

From what I've heard, RX were not etched, even with a 0 prescription.

Then OCP sets were often unetched.

Then there's custom cuts, with the etching cut off.
The prescription lenses would have had an O etched on them though?