• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Prime and initial thoughts

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Well, I had resigned myself to the fact that I'll never have access to get one of these, but I got a message from @jdd32 saying that 5 had landed in Australia and after he'd bought one, there was just one left.

I jumped on it, and although there was a big drama with paying by PayPal (on account of their new systems), it arrived within about 3 days from ?China.

I don't know if this is normal, but the box arrived opened (seal was broken).

I'm sure there are better reviews already here on OF. But here's my two cents worth.

In terms of "wearability", they have a "feel" like a carbon blade, albeit slightly heavier. It's probably more like a carbon shift, but I've never owned a pair, so I don't know. Lens coverage is like a Badman, but frame feels "flatter" as opposed to excessively curved like the Badman.

I'm pretty sure the "shock" absorber is going to stuff up sooner than any of us would like. It looks good, but I doubt this mechanism will last the distance.

I think it's slack of Luxottica to reuse the tube and box thing for such an allegedly "unique" pair.

Having said that, I think overall, if you compare it to the slightly cheaper (at least when talking RRP) Ferrari Badman or Madman (and definitely the most numerous alleged "1,000" Rust Decay Bread boxes/Fuel Cells), I think it's likely the best piece of kit to come out of Luxottica in a long time.

You decide. I paid $819 AUD (USD$640) shipped.

IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG

Cacatman

Well, I had resigned myself to the fact that I'll never have access to get one of these, but I got a message from @jdd32 saying that 5 had landed in Australia and after he'd bought one, there was just one left.

I jumped on it, and although there was a big drama with paying by PayPal (on account of their new systems), it arrived within about 3 days from ?China.

I don't know if this is normal, but the box arrived opened (seal was broken).

I'm sure there are better reviews already here on OF. But here's my two cents worth.

In terms of "wearability", they have a "feel" like a carbon blade, albeit slightly heavier. It's probably more like a carbon shift, but I've never owned a pair, so I don't know. Lens coverage is like a Badman, but frame feels "flatter" as opposed to excessively curved like the Badman.

I'm pretty sure the "shock" absorber is going to stuff up sooner than any of us would like. It looks good, but I doubt this mechanism will last the distance.

I think it's slack of Luxottica to reuse the tube and box thing for such an allegedly "unique" pair.

Having said that, I think overall, if you compare it to the slightly cheaper (at least when talking RRP) Ferrari Badman or Madman (and definitely the most numerous alleged "1,000" Rust Decay Bread boxes/Fuel Cells), I think it's likely the best piece of kit to come out of Luxottica in a long time.

You decide. I paid $819 AUD (USD$640) shipped.

View attachment 357604 View attachment 357605 View attachment 357606 View attachment 357607 View attachment 357608 View attachment 357609

Cacatman
Congrats though.;)

Latest Posts

Back