• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Prime MotoGP ordered / received / got canceled / looking for one

I just remembered, I have something like this...

View attachment 351716 View attachment 351717

It is made of plastic and gold-painted and only 500 released around the world. I bought it for $3. Last year when I last checked, the current market value is about $1,500. Now, I was shock to see it is now at $2,400 and some change.

Some may think Oakley collectors are crazy paying a lot for plastic sunglasses. The LEGO collectors are crazier. :eek: :lol:
Seems would be easy to create a fake or knockoff Lego. How do you know if it's legit?

I just remembered, I have something like this...

View attachment 351716 View attachment 351717

It is made of plastic and gold-painted and only 500 released around the world. I bought it for $3. Last year when I last checked, the current market value is about $1,500. Now, I was shock to see it is now at $2,400 and some change.

Some may think Oakley collectors are crazy paying a lot for plastic sunglasses. The LEGO collectors are crazier. :eek: :lol:
damn, always wanted to visit legoland Carlsbad.....:sad:

Seems would be easy to create a fake or knockoff Lego. How do you know if it's legit?

There are a lot of fakes out there especially in eBay but there are certain things they can't copy correctly.

It has serials as well :lol:

No serial but comes with a code which you use to enter in the LEGO online tracking website and prints you the certificate of authenticity. The online site no longer available though.

There are a lot of fakes out there especially in eBay but there are certain things they can't copy correctly.

No serial but comes with a code which you use to enter in the LEGO online tracking website and prints you the certificate of authenticity. The online site no longer available though.
Wonder why they would take the online site down??? I got a Hess truck the other year and printed on online cert of auth, was pretty cool.

I remember this......i was at a toy store and some girls were buying a lot of those bags with figures in em´.
Wonder how many Mr. Gold´s were purchased here, i mean, i am afterall in the homeland of Lego.

Wonder why they would take the online site down??? I got a Hess truck the other year and printed on online cert of auth, was pretty cool.

I don't know the real reason why LEGO pulled their own tracking site. But it looked like this before that happened...

LEGOMrGold.jpg

I remember this......i was at a toy store and some girls were buying a lot of those bags with figures in em´.
Wonder how many Mr. Gold´s were purchased here, i mean, i am afterall in the homeland of Lego.

I know this local girl found one in the LEGO store (few days before me) then went to Toys'RUs and found another one that same day. Too bad she sold one right away in eBay for $800 to fund her kid's birthday party.

Latest Posts

Back