• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Prime opinions

@wbroshea just Get them all. :D

The weights are pretty close. Prime is 1.2 oz. compared to Juliet at 1.5 oz.

More lens coverage on the Prime.

843AD356-DDB9-4846-B57D-982C4A939F79.jpeg

Ok. So I am looking for both now. With everyone saying you can find the primes for 175ish, where are you finding them for that? Do you mean on this forum or are you looking other places? I haven't found any at that price on the forum so maybe I am looking at the wrong place?

As far as romeo's go, they scare me, but I am going to jump and grab a pair when I find a solid option. They scare me because I know myself. If I have two then why wouldn't I have the complete collection. As far as I know all of the x-metal frames were sold in the x-metal color, is that correct? The x-metal while "boring" compared to others is my favorite and I believe allows me to collect a complete collection.

Ca
Thanks for that comparison. What is your opinion on the quality of the prime? If I use it for a daily, which for me is probably more a couple times a week, do you think they will hold up a while?

I can’t attest to longterm durability. I’ve only worn mine maybe twice in the 5 months I’ve owned them. Not that I dislike them, I just have others that are more of my go to.

It would depend on what activities you’re doing while you’re wearing them and overall how you treat/care for them. With anything, proper care and maintenance, they should hold up. Might want to check every now and then to make sure screws are tight. But that goes for x-metals as well.

This waiting thing to get access to the exchange is killing me. Five more days to go. :)
Hang in there. I didn't know primes could go so low in pricing, that would be amazing to snag one under $200!!! I think they are great Daily wear, but if you work outdoors and things that could actual beat up the frames Xmetals will be better. Now getting both is a great option. I prefer carbon prime and xx Xmetal :) medium/larger fit to both.

Last edited:
Hang in there. I didn't know primes could go so low in pricing, that would be amazing to snag one under $200!!! I think they are great Daily wear, but if you work outdoors and things that could actual beat up there frames Xmetals will be better. Now getting both is a great option. I prefer carbon prime and xx Xmetal :) medium/larger fit to both.
I haven't been able to find where one went that low. Seen a few right around the 200 mark. What is killing me is there are 2 listed for sale right now that at least don't mention being sold yet and I can't even ask if they are still available.

I took a pair of Carbon Prime in one of my month-long vacation last year and wore it exclusively. I really like it for weight and coverage. However, one of the hinges stopped functioning properly that one side felt loose. So, I called Luxx customer service. I had to send it for service and I got a brand new pair in return. That’s was when they still have warranty pairs available.

I took a pair of Carbon Prime in one of my month-long vacation last year and wore it exclusively. I really like it for weight and coverage. However, one of the hinges stopped functioning properly that one side felt loose. So, I called Luxx customer service. I had to send it for service and I got a brand new pair in return. That’s was when they still have warranty pairs available.
Has the replacement functioned properly since?

Latest Posts

Back