• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon prime/ ruby prizm reddish halo.

Lupetto

I should Work at Oakley
Received a set of carbon primes yesterday and was really impressed with the design and engineering features. They are super comfortable, lightweight and love the adjustable nose piece so I can balance for my unbalanced ears! Ha!

But..... The prizm ruby lenses are soooo bad! I’m completely lost as to how something like this could pass quality inspection. I’m seeing red ghosting ( halo ) well defined double images of light fixtures. I went outside and noticed two square boxes in front far off parallel to each other so both lenses are creating this douplicate effect. Also when looking at the sun I see two red sun ghosts below and to each side of the sun.

I have never experienced anything like this ever! What’s going on?? It seems impossible to get pics of the effect but it’s very very noticeable. Did I get a bad set??

Yeah, it’s not something I planned on hating so the two situations are not mutually exclusive.

Like I said I really love the frame so that’s something

I bet you if you do test your prizm ruby there’s a good chance you will jump on my bandwagon. For a company with so much skill, history , advanced designs there’s no excuse making an inferior product,

Yeah, it’s not something I planned on hating so the two situations are not mutually exclusive.

Like I said I really love the frame so that’s something

The good thing is you can get some Double Edge donors (I believe they work for Carbon Prime) and have Chris cut them.

The original Ruby lenses should sell fairly quickly.

I have the same problem with mine but but I'm not that bothered about it as they are sweeeeet.

I cut down some prizm ruby lenses for my XS and they are the same too not as bad as the primes but still get the little ghosties