• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon shift Custom?

crazywayne311

I should Work at Oakley
757 VA
Does anyone know if they offered Carbon shifts in custom configurations? I just bought a pair online (used) they look 100% authentic but there is no sku (could be warranty as well) but what’s throwing me off is that it appears they have ruby polarized lenses. NOT Prizm Ruby Polars but OG Ruby Polars. I know Torch is close but these don’t appear to be Torch. Also the frame looks like OO9302-03 model.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I never saw a custom carbon shift.
But I am pretty sure they came out before all the prizm lenses where out.
I know for sure there was a BIP version before they changed it to prizm black polar.
Very likely the same situation with ruby.

There was a tungsten polarized version (I actually had it at one time), pretty sure that is the pair you have and the lens has been swapped with a ruby lens. I believe that colorway came out in 2014 or 2015 so it is possible they did swap the original lens for a ruby (non-prizm) lens.

Unless they offered a ruby polar lens after the fact. Meaning you could buy them from the store and put them in. Anyway, lenses seem legit OEM though they make a creaking sound in the frame. Frame looks legit minus the sku. I’m just going to roll with it. Lenses aren’t perfect but usable. Probably have mr. Hardaway cut me some if needed. I do have a set of grey as well lying around

Unless they offered a ruby polar lens after the fact. Meaning you could buy them from the store and put them in. Anyway, lenses seem legit OEM though they make a creaking sound in the frame. Frame looks legit minus the sku. I’m just going to roll with it. Lenses aren’t perfect but usable. Probably have mr. Hardaway cut me some if needed. I do have a set of grey as well lying around
Agree with your assessment. I thought there was a red lens version but maybe that was a torch iridium version?

See that’s what I’m wondering. I don’t know if the lenses were cut unless I pop them out. Also, like I mentioned before, the lenses creak in the frame a little bit when torqued as my pair doesn’t. I mean they look 100% identical to my pair minus the sku. But I have plenty of ruby polars in pairs and that’s what this looks like. Torch was definitely more grey than blue. I’m not even sure at this point. I paid $35 for them and all they needed was a few screws to be tightened 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

What about Fire Polarized? That's what they remind me of, more than Ruby, from the pics, I'm not seeing any tell tale cues for Ruby. No purple or even close too red?
Can you show pics of looking through the lens, please?

full.jpg

Granted, these are Torch, but even then, I can see Red, surely those aren't Ruby.

Last edited:
Well I can see where you would think fire. It’s the Blue base that ruby has that these lenses have that make me think they are either custom/sample/proto

I’ll pop the lenses out eventually and that may solve the mystery. The lenses make a creaking sound in the frames so that may be an indicator they aren’t stock. I just wanted to ask. I’ve only had one pair with torch and I remember them being a darker grey and not blueish like these

Back