• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Career change?

Should I change carrers

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem is this, the federal government made it illegal to not have health insurance (under most circumstances). Which as far as I'm concerned is not legal and unconstitutional. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a doctor. I don't need it and I'm not paying for something I don't need or want.

I'm a contract employee so I don't pay taxes up front so they can't "fine" me for not having insurance. If "they" want to come and fine me in person, well, Ruby Ridge mother ****** but I don't have a dog and my wife is armed.
Lmfao

I’m thankful for free healthcare, I had a look at how much various CT and MRI scans I had would have cost me in the US :eek:

Do you have any capital you could create an investment portfolio with @M Frame Boss ? Warren Buffett said if you can’t find a way of making money while you’re asleep, you’ll work your whole life and he’s not far off. Could be an alternative to the upheaval of changing career?

I do have investments in 401k and Roth IRA. I thought I was good with my money investing 10% of every check but I don't believe I can touch that without penalties. I could liquidate the thousands I have in tools, sell extra vehicles and maybe have enough to live off the interest. My problem is that the US can fine you if you don't have health insurance and most providers want more than 1000 a month for family coverage since this crap started. Once the dealership I worked at told me that there insurance went from 400 a month for family coverage to over 1200, I quit and started working for myself since I had most tools needed. Me going into business for myself and having my wife carry our insurance has worked great but she's ready to stay at home and I'm not going to fight it. I just want a good paying job with good benefits so I can raise my kids the way my parents did. @Carrera1963

I do have investments in 401k and Roth IRA. I thought I was good with my money investing 10% of every check but I don't believe I can touch that without penalties. I could liquidate the thousands I have in tools, sell extra vehicles and maybe have enough to live off the interest. My problem is that the US can fine you if you don't have health insurance and most providers want more than 1000 a month for family coverage since this crap started. Once the dealership I worked at told me that there insurance went from 400 a month for family coverage to over 1200, I quit and started working for myself since I had most tools needed. Me going into business for myself and having my wife carry our insurance has worked great but she's ready to stay at home and I'm not going to fight it. I just want a good paying job with good benefits so I can raise my kids the way my parents did. @Carrera1963

Yup that health insurance is all fuked up bro. For right now they’re not doing anything about it. I think that should be top priority right now, these clowns are trying to divert things with this crappy tax reform sh1t when they should be concentrating on the health reform in which OBOZO really messed it up.

Get your home state license and then look for companies that place adjusters. I can point you in at least two directions.

Your first step is getting your license though. Check your state's dept of insurance website. You want an all lines adjuster license.

This is insightful, appreciate the sharing. I've been struggling with leaving corporate America and opening my own business for a year or so, and lately I've been leaning more in that direction. It's scary not having a steady income or insurance with a stay at home wife and 2 small kids but I'm going to keep researching. This was helpful, thanks again all.

Are you already part of an auto mechanics union? If so, are you utilizing their resources to get benefits now? You can always ask them for help I believe.

Back