• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carl Zeiss Lens Review Sold By X-Man Custom Metalworks

I'm sorry I came across as attacking you. That wasn't my intention. I've been trying to get proof that these lenses are from Carl Zeiss way before you ever wrote this review.

The issue is about trying to get correct information for this forum so people are certain that they are getting what is stated. My post wasn't about you or the X-man.

You wanted to take him to brokeback mountain!!

Thats sexual assault!!

Predator!!

He was happy with it for a $50 polarized lens.

It wasn't as dark as oem.

One of the lenses seemed to be wrong basecurve but still fit.

@NCHornet has baby blue eyes

@ProzoneUK is etching "polarized" into their lenses even though they said they wouldnt

@cacatman has beautiful calves
Trump has little hands;)
Those mirrors look HD, very nice!

Can you confirm that these are actually ziess?

Unfortunately no sir I cannot.. been a while since I dispensed their product or met with reps or even had familiarity with their product line...

Their progressive lenses and digital freeform technology were/are top notch though .. they have a photocromic lens equivalent to Transitions called Photofusion but as far as performance they seemed pretty equal to me..

I’ve always liked younger optics, kaenon, and KBco polarized lenses , at least for rxable options...

In regards to lenses, I would still go with oem
(They are still available). If i am desperate linegear would be my second choice.

Dillons are “awesome” but damn pricey and very hard to get.

The text is similar to the same size and font. I will try and get a side by side tomorrow when I get back to the compound if I can remember. Click on the link to Mark's website and I believe it is shown there pretty good.

I wasn't going to put this in the review but my history with Zeiss has been a little mixed up. In my younger days Zeiss was known for high quality everything they did was top notch. I just gave my son 98% of my firearm collection and I had some older Zeiss scopes that are brighter and more clear than any other optic I have shot with, and I have shot a lot of them. However in the last 10 years I have been seeing the Zeiss name slapped on all kinds of stuff and some of it was down right junk. This fact also added to my doubt about these lenses. I don't have time to research this, maybe someone else does. I don't know if it was a family thing and they sold out to the corporate world, which seems to be very popular these days. Some 2 bit jokester pays Zeiss X amount of green backs and they have permission to slap that name on anything. I am not saying this is the case. Let me repeat this for some of our slower members, I AM NOT SAYING THAT ZEISS IS DOING THIS, got it? Good. Like I said in the review I was not able to find much online about these lenses. I read that Zeiss lenses were also being sold by Fuse, but found nothing to back this up. Are they Fuse lenses with the Zeiss name applied? Like I said, I couldn't even find them on the Fuse website. What I will tell you, again, I am very satisfied with the quality of the pair Mark sent me and I have already sent him a message that I also wanted to purchase a blue pair and possibly the red in a couple weeks. My eyes need all the help they can get, and this pair of lenses did just that. If I can save 25% or so on each pair that adds up when you have 16 frames and counting. I can't prove who makes them, or how they are made, or what they are even made out of. I just know they provided my eyes what they need and this is where many have failed. If anyone wants to dig into this deeper, great, post your findings. I'm looking forward to the blue pair coming soon.
Later
NCH

FUSE did use Zeiss blanks up until a few years ago. They even had Zeiss on the site. From what I've been told FUSE and Zeiss fell out bigtime financially. They parted ways and all mention of Zeiss vanished from the FUSE website and packaging.

I trust @THE X-MAN, but not necessarily the information he has been given.

Doubt has been cast over the "Carl Zeiss" claim from someone else on the forum (not me).

No doubt they are excellent lenses, but I'd personally like to see real proof that these are lenses manufactured by Carl Zeiss with a verifiable contact name and number from the source of these lenses.

P.S. An easily doctored Carl Zeiss invoice doesn't count.

As you can understand I won't be providing contact details of my contacts. I have however already stated that data sheets and packaging for future lenses are already in the pipeline.

Unfortunately no sir I cannot.. been a while since I dispensed their product or met with reps or even had familiarity with their product line...

Their progressive lenses and digital freeform technology were/are top notch though .. they have a photocromic lens equivalent to Transitions called Photofusion but as far as performance they seemed pretty equal to me..

I’ve always liked younger optics, kaenon, and KBco polarized lenses , at least for rxable options...
RIP Derryl (Darryl) Meister... I had no idea. That dude was an avid optical Forum participant and always explained his theory and the science behind answering his questions. Zeiss lenses in my experience would always come with some sort of paperwork, (branded) cleaning cloth, or branded packaging. We are talking about a large worldwide company that is proud of marketing its brand.

Great review BTW by the hornet. Still love that HAT! Mark is as reputable as they come. If he's selling them and getting good feedback that's all that matters. Any seller would quit wasting their time and money w negative reviews.

RIP Derryl (Darryl) Meister... I had no idea. That dude was an avid optical Forum participant and always explained his theory and the science behind answering his questions. Zeiss lenses in my experience would always come with some sort of paperwork, (branded) cleaning cloth, or branded packaging. We are talking about a large worldwide company that is proud of marketing its brand.

Great review BTW by the hornet. Still love that HAT! Mark is as reputable as they come. If he's selling them and getting good feedback that's all that matters. Any seller would quit wasting their time and money w negative reviews.

Of course you do, it just goes to prove you have great taste in lenses and cowboy hats, lol!!! You should see the full collection of both. I will try my best to make this by PM as soon as I have the time. I also wanted you to know that I am still planning on ordering those other Oakley lenses from you. I just haven't had the time to the background that needs to happen prior.
Later
NCH

Latest Posts

Back