• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case for Carbon Blades

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I purchased my Carbon Blades in June.. it came with the carbon look hard case.

Recently something int he case broke (on the hinge/spring) so the case does not close like it should. along with it there is a rattle from the loose parts inside. I want to replace the case but want something that will last..

Do you suggest, another Carbon case, a normal ballistic soft vault or the metal vault?

the Carbon Blades have been my daily pair since I got them..

I purchased my Carbon Blades in June.. it came with the carbon look hard case.

Recently something int he case broke (on the hinge/spring) so the case does not close like it should. along with it there is a rattle from the loose parts inside. I want to replace the case but want something that will last..

Do you suggest, another Carbon case, a normal ballistic soft vault or the metal vault?

the Carbon Blades have been my daily pair since I got them..
Call Oakley directly and they could send you a replacement ... I got one for free just for complaining about their in store service to them...

Just got my carbon blades yesterday, polished carbon with red Iridium polarized. They are very nice but there is one thing that may drive me nuts. The lenses are mounted directly to the frames and rest against your forehead. I noticed they pick up smudges quite easily. It has been raining the last couple of days so I will have to wait until the sun shows up again to test them out.

[...] The lenses are mounted directly to the frames and rest against your forehead. [...]
I wear carbon blades frequently and the lenses never contact my forehead. Maybe you could adjust the position of the nose pads to move the lenses farther away from your face?

Back