• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case for Juliet

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I have a new pair of Juliets coming from Mark and I want to have a decent case to put them in. About 8 to 10 years ago, I bought a X Vault on Ebay just because nobody else bid on it, now I see them for $100 and shake my head. On Ebay I see a bunch of those black taco shaped cases. Will one of these work for the Juliet? Are there different sizes, most auctions don't say, which size will I need? If there is another case to recommend, I don't care if it has a O on it, lol!!!!! Thanks

This is what you need. The X Metal Soft Vault. Readily available here on the Forum quite often.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446598670.901451.jpg

^^^^ that's the case. you can get them for as low as $40 on eBay but I'd suggest putting up a Buying thread- many members have multiples of those (I know I do) and may be willing to cut you a $30 or $35 deal shipped (retail I believe was $25 plus tax).

If you need one like right now it will fit in a flak jacket case (the empty ones, not the ones with the foam and cutouts in the bottom). That's what I use.

Thanks that is the info I was looking for. I will also look in the Exchange. I saw the pill shaped, elongated oval shape are really cheap. The photo posted above seems to be a similar size, anyone know if it would work?
Thanks

Thanks that is the info I was looking for. I will also look in the Exchange. I saw the pill shaped, elongated oval shape are really cheap. The photo posted above seems to be a similar size, anyone know if it would work?
Thanks
Not for Juliet! The one with the "O" looks like the Julie will fit (and some will) but it is a very tight squeeze that requires the flex coupler to engage a bit. Go with the flak case (or pick up one of those x metal soft vaults that Dyer showed you above). Mars on the other hand will fit into those "O" soft vaults easily.

Your post had me questioning if my Juliets will fit in any of the cases I own. Sadly, the answer is no. I have attached a picture showing my 3 Oakley cases and the closest one to fitting the is the medium soft vault pictured on the bottom. Now I need to buy a new case if I decide to wear my BNIB Juliets.

Ocases.jpg

If you're in the game long enough, you'll find you just acquire x-metal vaults without ever specifically buying any! I have five now and I gave some away and threw a couple away cos they were a bit too manky.

Back