• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case/vault compatibility

Mayhem

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,
Got a few Oakley sunglasses either without a case or one I'm not entirely happy with. As I am not sure which cases are a good fit with which glasses, I figured I should ask the experts...

So first up, a Racing Jacket of the Jawbone type. With these I received what I assume to be a medium size soft vault, but one without an insert to hold the frame and additional lenses in place. I'd like a Racing Jacket Soft Vault with the insert but haven't been able to locate anyone selling them at a decent price and reasonable shipping charges to Sweden. Any tips on where I can get one? I assume the Jawbone Soft Vault is the same despite a different SKU, but interestingly enough the Half Jacket/Flak Jacket Soft Vault also looks exactly identical... but is it?

Secondly, Juliet's currently in an X-Metal Soft Vault. I find this vault unnecessarily big, leaving the glasses free to tumble around inside, taking up tons of space in my bag, and the zipper has a tendency to get stuck on the inside fabric. Would a Metal Vault or Carbon Fiber Case be a good match size wise? Any suggestions for a more form-fitting case, perhaps from a third party? Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the Juliet's is that they're so bulky when folded up.

Finally we have a Titanium Crosshair which currently lacks a case entirely. Would a Square O Hard Case be a good fit for these glasses? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

I like the large soft vaults, personally. They fit just about everything. Eyeshade, Radar/lock XL, M Frame Heater/Slash are about all I can't get in one. I think the Juliets barely fit them. Smaller pairs go in their bag first to keep anything from rubbing, or the bag gets wadded to put tension on them.

The Square O or Carbon fiber should fit almost everything as well. The Ballistic Crosshair comes in a Carbon Fiber vault, if that's any indication for the Ti pair. I keep my Titanium Crosshair in a large soft vault.

From the information at o-review.com it seems even the Large Metal Vault won't fit a pair of Juliet's. Guess I'll either have to stick with the X-Metal Soft Vault or look for something from a third party.

Right now my primary question still is this: Is the Racing Jacket Soft Vault (100-760-001) the same as the Jawbone Soft Vault (77-058) and/or the Half Jacket Soft Vault (07-346) despite the different SKUs? The latter is cheap and easy to find, the former two not so...

From the information at o-review.com it seems even the Large Metal Vault won't fit a pair of Juliet's. Guess I'll either have to stick with the X-Metal Soft Vault or look for something from a third party.

Right now my primary question still is this: Is the Racing Jacket Soft Vault (100-760-001) the same as the Jawbone Soft Vault (77-058) and/or the Half Jacket Soft Vault (07-346) despite the different SKUs? The latter is cheap and easy to find, the former two not so...
That would be incorrect
uploadfromtaptalk1427242560297.jpg

The cutout for the frame itself is much larger on the racing jacket/ jawbone vault than the flak/half jacket vault. See pic

image.jpg

Hello everyone,
Got a few Oakley sunglasses either without a case or one I'm not entirely happy with. As I am not sure which cases are a good fit with which glasses, I figured I should ask the experts...

So first up, a Racing Jacket of the Jawbone type. With these I received what I assume to be a medium size soft vault, but one without an insert to hold the frame and additional lenses in place. I'd like a Racing Jacket Soft Vault with the insert but haven't been able to locate anyone selling them at a decent price and reasonable shipping charges to Sweden. Any tips on where I can get one? I assume the Jawbone Soft Vault is the same despite a different SKU, but interestingly enough the Half Jacket/Flak Jacket Soft Vault also looks exactly identical... but is it?

Secondly, Juliet's currently in an X-Metal Soft Vault. I find this vault unnecessarily big, leaving the glasses free to tumble around inside, taking up tons of space in my bag, and the zipper has a tendency to get stuck on the inside fabric. Would a Metal Vault or Carbon Fiber Case be a good match size wise? Any suggestions for a more form-fitting case, perhaps from a third party? Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the Juliet's is that they're so bulky when folded up.

Finally we have a Titanium Crosshair which currently lacks a case entirely. Would a Square O Hard Case be a good fit for these glasses? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey there buddy so since you "hate "the xmetal soft case you wanna donate it to a good cause? It's going to house a pair of xmetal half x's.

Latest Posts

Back