• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cases! How Do You Carry Multiple Pairs?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I need another case for glasses, since I have a few sets I rotate between that aren't actually M-Frames I'd like to have cases to keep in the glove box and work bag or wherever. I have one Large Soft Vault I picked up from a nearby Vault along with 3 or so M/Radar cases.

I don't care for the Square O hard cases since they're not deep enough. The Carbon Fiber hard vault I don't feel very good about since it's snapping shut onto my glasses that cost a few times more than the case, and when shut it doesn't really feel like it will stay shut and keep a rouge pen hiding around the corner in an alley of my bag from coming in and lens-raping my glasses.

This particular Vault (talking about the store again) doesn't carry a medium case for me to test fit (which may fit my pairs better?), and the small case is much too small.

Trouble is I'd also like an easier way of telling cases apart, so in comes the OCP that charges $5 to change the f***ing icon color. Plus shipping and tax.

Can I get a different icon color from my local Vault somehow? Ship to store, in store customs, etc

How easy is it to find the Large in Green and Grey?

http://www.o-review.com/images/Cases/LargeSoftVault_Green.jpg
http://www.o-review.com/images/Cases/LargeSoftVault_Grey.jpg

Right now I carry my Pro M case since it's the easiest way to get a couple different lens options on me, and I just use an M Frame and have 3 lenses on hand. I'd rather be able to have the option of carrying any 2 pairs I want.

I have quite a few of the large zippered soft vaults that you're looking for, mostly black but I may have a few green ones hiding somewhere. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in some. I use tags similar to what some of the vaults use to label my cases, I'll post some pics later of how I do it.

I have quite a few of the large zippered soft vaults that you're looking for, mostly black but I may have a few green ones hiding somewhere. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in some. I use tags similar to what some of the vaults use to label my cases, I'll post some pics later of how I do it.

PM sent

or you could just hand-paint the icons?

What do I look like, some sort of doctor what's good at painting? I'd rather just get different style cases.

Is the modern day Large Soft Vault bigger than the one from maybe 10 yrs ago?

I need one for the Pit Bull and the website says Large Soft Vault will fit Pit Bull, but at the store, the size looked the same as the old one, and the old one is too small for Pit Bull.

I usually just bring one pair with me if I take my bike. If I'm in my truck though I'll wear my nice pair for the drive and I have some old Oil Rigs I abused too much and are kind of scratched up I'll stash in the little cleaning bag in my glovebox and I'll wear those at work if I'm working outside. Not a big deal if I drop them because they are already pretty beat up.

Get one of these..l I have one that holds 6 large glasses, like m frames. It's perfect for bringing mutiple pairs to travel with

oak85.jpg

oak84.jpg

Sure, I'll just swing by the "**** you can't just buy anymore and will take months and hundreds to find" store and pick one up! :big_boss:

Seriously though, I've seen a few cases like that around, but I can't recall what they sold for. They're rep cases or something, right? Doesn't sound cheap. I have 3 large soft vaults, and 5 M/Radar vaults, which should serve me well.

Sure, I'll just swing by the "**** you can't just buy anymore and will take months and hundreds to find" store and pick one up! :big_boss:

Seriously though, I've seen a few cases like that around, but I can't recall what they sold for. They're rep cases or something, right? Doesn't sound cheap. I have 3 large soft vaults, and 5 M/Radar vaults, which should serve me well.

LMAO........ Ok, ok....
Heres what you do, go get you some duct tape and configure your 3 large soft vaults, and 5 M/Radar vaults in a fashionable manner then proceed to wrap only the bottom and half way up the sides... make sure not to cover the zippers! Once semi rigid lay on a flat surface and use some hardening sealer foam to fill the gaps (its very airy, for reduced weight). Once dry remove the tape border and BAM there ya go a 8 pair case RED NECK STYLE!!!!!

Back