• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cellphone carriers

All these companies want/demand you join that next type of crap plan. I just want to buy the phone but if you do they hit you with a $40 fee per month / access costs per line

All these companies want/demand you join that next type of crap plan. I just want to buy the phone but if you do they hit you with a $40 fee per month / access costs per line
Yep. Only way that gets lowered is either you bring your own phone, or get a big data allowance. AT&T really hate folks signing a contract. Verizon looks like they could care less. Sprint is waiving the line fees through 2015, I think.

Those line fees are the only reason I am staying away from the shared data plans. They just cost too much. And if you're financing a phone, it is even worse.

No wonder folks are flocking to Boost and Cricket lol

If I could get away with a flip phone and no mobile data, I'd be on Cricket, like my aunt. $25 for unlimited talk and text (no picture messaging nor data). That smartphone is one hell of a drug, though. I initially had my mom and aunt on a family plan with me, but with one being loquacious and the other not really talking much, it was actually cheaper having them on prepaid plans. I actually put $25 on my mom's AT&T prepaid every 3 months...

all I can say is if Verizon ticks me off, I have a fat balance that I can use towards AT&T service.

I am also bemoaning the prices of these top of the line smartphones.... DAMN DAMN DAMN. That and those extra draconian Verizon policies... bummer for me and my old unlimited data.

I really think you'll be happy with verizon bro... I've been with them about 8 years and I have no plans of leaving... every time I call in with problems... which is rare... they knock it out of park with customer service...I know how you feel I lost my unlimited data too...

I really think you'll be happy with verizon bro... I've been with them about 8 years and I have no plans of leaving... every time I call in with problems... which is rare... they knock it out of park with customer service...I know how you feel I lost my unlimited data too...
I been with Verizon for 9 years now... Man. I just feel screwed. I'm only still here at this point because I still have my unlimited data. But I am about tired of this Note 3 and I don't have the budget to get a Turbo or a Nexus 6. It is almost tempting to open a new line and cancel and just pay the termination fee on it, but on most of the phones, that method is a wash compared to paying retail pricing. The only thing I did right was moving my mom and aunt onto prepaid providers and off of the family plan.

You need a good plan because those kids are going to eat your data plan ALIVE!
I am glad I have no kids. I had my younger brother on a plan with me... I had to say sayonara to him. It was a painful lesson, but I won't repeat it. Lol

Last edited:
Ya know. You could always go on a certain data plan and if the kids are old enough make them pay for what they went over. That may teach them quick enough. No?

Ya know. You could always go on a certain data plan and if the kids are old enough make them pay for what they went over. That may teach them quick enough. No?
I implemented a different solution: shut the line off and made him get his own plan. That also works as a great teaching tool ;)

Younger brother was a teen at the time.

Back