• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CENSORSHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue I have is my comments getting deleted. Yet the comment mentioned up above, while it took place in the past, is just an example. Its not meant to start an issue with any member.

All of the issues and quotes you are bringing up Oakley Noob are months old and have long been settled. It seems like you are simply writing this stuff to start a fight.

Since those comments were made(months ago), myself and the mods have stopped a lot of censorship on the board. That doesn't mean we are going to let racist, or disrespectful comments go by, without any action. That also doesn't mean we are going to allow people to try to start arguments on the forum.

Problem is.. I have no dealings with him whatsoever since the last fiasco.. That quoted message he typed was sent by me the last time..

I steered well clear off his tail and am sure I didn't step on it..

It seems to me like OakleyNoob is harassing people and trolling by bringing up issues that are months old just to start an argument on the forum. Those quotes in the first post are old and being taken out of context. I'm sure I can dig up several "harassing/rude" Inboxes from a lot of members

Kenneth get over it dude. Oakleynoob has made many of deals on here and given out the pricing list and gotten people the items. Apparently YOU have personal issues with him.

This post exactly evidences why you posting this thread is trolling. Because it is simply starting an argument. Many members weren't here when those quotes were taken and now are simply reading them out of context. Kenneth did get over it, but apparently OakleyNoob hasn't.

Every negative post that I have made about anything has been deleted.

There is a difference between a negative post and a rude post. A negative post is "I really don't like Radars". A rude post is "Why do you post my name on here idiot?" as you stated above. There is no reason to be rude to other members. Yes he used your name. You also used his quote out of context to incite an argument. The name has been deleted, however the proper way of going about that is to contact a moderator, not to call a member an idiot.

I have in the past asked for this comment to be deleted but they told me its not offensive and left it. Its ok for other people to say and do things but when I say something I get long e-mails sent to my inbox discussing my intolerable behavior. If you see anything wrong with the message below just make a comment I welcome everyone's opinions about censorship.

Every comment is on a case to case basis. The mods are not simply here to go around and delete all the comments that people ask us to. If a comment is reported, we review it. As cited above, if you have an issue contact a Mod, and we can help you deal with it.

I do also welcome everyones comments and opinions about censorship. Though I disagree with the tone and way that Oakley Noob has gone about it. If anyone has issues with another member or with Mods, or myself please feel free to Inbox me. Their is no reason to start open arguments on the forum. Many comments in this thread were taken out of context.

I already know that Oakley Noob is a large proponent of freedom of speech. However just because freedom of speech exists, does not mean you can say or post whatever you like. Just like I cannot go into a move theater and scream "Fire", you cannot post certain comments on this forum. Whether or not it is protected under freedom of speech, it is created to protect and preserve the community. Bottom line, there are rules. If you are looking for a place to speak freely, without any rules or repercussions, I'm sure you can find someplace. It is the internet after all.

Since I know Oakley Noob, will be angry that this thread is closed and this is censorship. Let me say this. You want to be able to say whatever you like behind your username, screaming free speech, but when Kenneth attached your real name to it, you instantly became angry and defensive. Censorship and freedom of speech are two way streets. They can help you and they can hurt you.

This thread is now closed. If you have an issue, please feel free to message me or would just like to chat about cencorship, Oakleys or whatever, you can also feel free to message me :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back