• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cerakote Frames

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
i do need to use some acetone on them to clean up some marks but they are pretty nice.

i have a really beat up pair of oil drums with noticeable scratches on the bridge of the frame. will the cerakote fill the scratches in and look nice or will the scratches show through?

i think it will depend on how deep they are, sometimes they need to be sanded before. i have had 2 pairs done that were pretty rough but it seems that they come out pretty good.

it is only supposed to be applied at .0005" or .001" at most, so it shouldn't cover them at all. If it does, it's too thick

my newest pickups first is a pair of hijinx sniper gray with dipped icons and oem ice lenses and the second are a pair of oil rigs sniper gray with zombie green icons and oem emerald lenses
100_0723_zpsd43ea2ba.jpg

100_0724_zpse58b64a0.jpg

100_0726_zpsf9312653.jpg

100_0725_zps682b9ae6.jpg

another pair just got the oem chrome lenses for them
103_0728_zps8e76806a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
stn51- Your coated frames are amazing. Is there a link to the store that is doing the work in colorado?
How does the coating feel against your skin when wearing? do they slip more than the normal oakley plastic frames.

stn51- Your coated frames are amazing. Is there a link to the store that is doing the work in colorado?
How does the coating feel against your skin when wearing? do they slip more than the normal oakley plastic frames.
i really like the finish it actually holds to your skin a bit better after the process. IMO, i wear the hijinx when im not working and the fuel cells at work and i sweat and i dont have any slipping at all.
the company i use is
http://coloradocustomlook.com/
and they are certified in the process so scratches and light issues get cleaned up and blasted before they are finished.

Last edited:
It's a light rough and flat finish, very comfortable.
it all depends on the ratios mixed for the end result. The Time Tank I did was at 18:1 for the Satin feel/look. You can adjust up or down for full flat/matte, or gloss. Some really cool stuff. And yah, most scratches can be handled because they are sandblasted in the prep stages, but you can only eliminate or cover so much. It is some really cool stuff for sure, and I intend on looking in to becoming "certified" in the near future myself. It isn't rocket science my any means, but I still want to see what all the deal is of being certified. First thing's first: Airbrush Rendezvous this week/weekend. Once that is behind me, then I will look into the certification.