• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cerakote/hydroprint Group Buy

Got mine today and installed aftermarket Ice lens. Apologize for quality of pics, don't have a good place to take them and was doing so with my phone.

Antix in Tactical Gray satin finish; icons water-transferred with navy BDU digital camo pattern; ice lens

Look great. Pair was in pretty rough shape but Cerakote covers up some stem bite marks pretty well. Wasn't sure (nor was CCL) how digital camo on icons would turn out, but I like it. In a perfect world would have gotten a bit more of the light coloration in the mix, but overall I'm very happy how it turned out, especially considering I didn't think it'd be possible at all.

First impressions of Cerakote: bit rougher finish than I thought, but not bad by any means. Glad I went with the Tactical instead of slightly darker Sniper Gray. I struggled getting lenses in and finish held up very well as I searched for the right fit.

Overall, very pleased with process. CCL did a great job, and huge ups to @stn51 for facilitating everything. First class all around. Already looking for my next project pair to do a hunting camo water transfer (hopefully, pending pattern fit on glasses).

IMG_20131104_235208_257_zps27a9679d.jpg

IMG_20131104_235234_839_zpseb13823b.jpg

IMG_20131104_235259_009_zps7eb206b1.jpg

IMG_20131104_235319_126_zpsf8ea26ca.jpg

Am I the only one that got them back so far?

Also, would any of the hunting camo patterns work on sunglass frames? I'm thinking something similar to the King's Woodland Camo series by Oakley. A pretty traditional camo pattern.

yes you are the first to get them back! the other orders had hydro dipping so that takes a bit longer, yours was just a set of icons that they dipped alot quicker to do, and the next order going out will be this week for dj hyper! he got alot of hydrodipping done and the next order going in this week is moores so yes you are the first but certainly not the last. yes some of the hunting camos work on the glasses, they just got some kryptec in that is smaller looks better on glasses, and i believe there are some others that will work too.i can contact them and get specifics.

and i picked up 2 sets of cerakote that i had them do im planning on picking up 2 sets of hydro dip this week too.

group buy is now closed! i might do another one here in the future i do not know yet.

Latest Posts

Back