• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chainlink Opinions

testcodes

Oakley Beginner
I like the Chainlinks, I have the Matte Gray with Ice and Matte Black with Ruby. I'm looking to add the Jade Iridium ones to my collection (comes with Polished Gray Smoke), but I'm not a fan of polished frames. I was wondering if you guys could suggest which option would look best:

1. Grab the Polished Gray Smoke ones and DIY to make them matte. Research shows sanding/scotchbrite, bead blasting, or matte clear coating could work. I have a matte smoke Flak 2.0 that looks great
2. Get the Matte White frame with Gray lenses and replace lenses with Jade Iridium (optional but might also replace with green earsocks).
3. Same as #2, but use the Matte Black frame with Fire lenses instead

Here's what I'm thinking so far:
1. Cheapest since I only need to buy 1 pair. But depending on the DIY, I might end up ruining the frames
2. I don't have a white frame yet so that adds variety to my collection, but white frames are usually viewed as douchy
3. I already have a matte black frame but I can go with this if #1 and #2 turns out to be bad options. Also just quick browsing through ebay, the black frames seems to be easier to hunt down than the white ones

Thanks

I have one pair and is the one your talking about...
90a33537abbe7e0334740a3126f4871b.png

my problem is not to much the grey smoke frame but the fact that in person, the jade iridium does not match or go well with the green on the frame. the color is to dark on the jade. :(

I have one pair and is the one your talking about...
90a33537abbe7e0334740a3126f4871b.png

my problem is not to much the grey smoke frame but the fact that in person, the jade iridium does not match or go well with the green on the frame. the color is to dark on the jade. :(

Good point, I know what you mean, I have a Jade Iridium Flak XLJ and it does look darker green/violet/blue sometimes. And from stock pictures, the earsocks on those does look more like lighter lime green.

So I am now thinking that options #2 and #3 would work better, but do not install green earsocks? I believe the whiteframes have grey earsocks and the black frames have black.

Latest Posts

Back