• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Change up: XX-TIO2 surgery/custom

sundance

Oakley Enthusiast
Boston, MA
F832FB74-5686-4316-893E-C9854171FE05.jpeg
5D55ED2E-E3A5-43AD-9054-3C388E07F749.jpeg

Good Day All,

Thanks to CH I was able to transform my XX -TIO2’s into a pretty kick ass pair of sunglasses.
I purchased a pair of XX TIO2’s w/o any ear stems. Then paid way too much for a pair of polished Juliets for thelr hammerstems.
I used a Scotchbrite pad (green) to dull the polished finish of the hammer stems so they’d match the Plasma orbitals.
I got some genuine “custom cuts” from Chris H. ( awesome work, Thanks Chris) in Sapphire Iridium. I took a blue pair of Ichiro Temple Shox and Ear Sox to compliment the lenses. I also stole a BNWOT’s X-Metal Soft Vault to keep em’ safe.
The pics blow but they look really nice.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of time and money invested, but as long as you’re happy. Congrats.

Not really, Takes about 15 minutes or less to put it all together. Cost wise is right in the ball park. They’re sunglasses not a 1970
Chevy SS Monte Carlo. LOL

Thanks

Last edited:
Congrats. As long as you enjoy and it is for you to use.

Just an opinion, an XX TiO2 has the Xmetal finish on the stems which matches the Xmetal nose bridge. This pair indeed is an XX TiO2 custom.