• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changed The Look On My Recent CL Find...

• Thread starter Kashton
  • Start date
K

Kashton

Figured I would change the look to my recent CL find that just came in after a long wait on it... What do you guys think about this combo? Fire with Red Rubber... Is it to much color?? Turned out pretty cool but definitely loud! :)

ebay522_zpse394d759.jpg

ebay521_zpsd92dfa4a.jpg

ebay524_zps7c098f86.jpg

ebay520_zpsa9c1eb18.jpg

The frames and rubbers look sharp, but...dunno if it's the camera...the fire lenses look very yellowish. Not the greatest fit (just being honest) together with the red rubber.

I think if you threw in some deeper colored Ruby Iridium (don't know how common they are for the X-Squared) or some Lingear Red Mirror lenses in there, they would look pretty sweet.

The frames and rubbers look sharp, but...dunno if it's the camera...the fire lenses look very yellowish. Not the greatest fit (just being honest) together with the red rubber.

I think if you threw in some deeper colored Ruby Iridium (don't know how common they are for the X-Squared) or some Lingear Red Mirror lenses in there, they would look pretty sweet.

Yep, I was thinking lastnight about Ruby Lenses when I put this together and could not remember if they were available for the X Squared or not. I will check Oakley's site and see as you are right something with a deeper Red would look really good. I really want some Positive Red Lenses but hate to spend all that cash on a pair of lenses and then have to pay to get them cut. It gets so expensive :(

Yep, I was thinking lastnight about Ruby Lenses when I put this together and could not remember if they were available for the X Squared or not. I will check Oakley's site and see as you are right something with a deeper Red would look really good. I really want some Positive Red Lenses but hate to spend all that cash on a pair of lenses and then have to pay to get them cut. It gets so expensive :(

Yup... Ruby is available.

http://www.oakley.com/products/6587/24610

Yeah, they're available but what I was getting at was that since the X-Squared is a relatively "recent" x-metal, the ruby lenses likely look more "fruby" than deep ruby like the old ruby lenses did. So it may not be that much of a step up, if you know what I mean.

Linegear Red Mirror would work, since they are really quite red. Or +Red Iridium would look good as well...though they have a lot of purple in them nowadays...and +Red would mean a custom chop as DConn said.

Cool deal! Thanks for the heads up on that....

No prob... I've been buying up X Metal lenses lately since they've been discontinued.

Yeah, they're available but what I was getting at was that since the X-Squared is a relatively "recent" x-metal, the ruby lenses likely look more "fruby" than deep ruby like the old ruby lenses did. So it may not be that much of a step up, if you know what I mean.

Linegear Red Mirror would work, since they are really quite red. Or +Red Iridium would look good as well...though they have a lot of purple in them nowadays...and +Red would mean a custom chop as DConn said.

Yeah... Fruby isn't my favorite either. But... They're OEM and don't need to be custom cut.
If you swing in to a local store you can sort through all the different sets and find the least Fruby.... There is a wide range of differences in Fruby.

Back