• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing lens on Juliets -> Old lens pop out?

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
So a while back I encountered an interesting and scary moment when I was removing lens from a Juliet. Before I started work it was a tight frame and good shape minus 1 of the lens having a good scratch on them. Once I tried to remove 1 of the lens it literally popped out of the frame and caused the frame to need a tuneup much sooner than I initially thought on the pair. Has anyone encountered this? Working on a tight pair that as soon as you remove the lens it becomes loose and you arn't able to get it back to where it was before the swap? Any thoughts on what could cause this?

I don't see how the orbital being open or closed could affect the tightness of the flex coupler.

Perhaps the rubber in the coupler happened to fail at the same moment you were removing the lens?

The actual nose bridge loosened or the lens was loose? I have read some people have had loose lens in juliets.

it seems the only thing to me that would create a loose nose bridge after popping out Your lenses is how tight you were manhandling the frame when you took that orbital screw out.

Back