• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cheapest place to get donor lenses?

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Hey O Freaks!

Is there a cheaper place than the O store to purchase donor lenses? I know some places have complete glasses much cheaper than the O store....but what about lenses? Thanks!!

Harry

It's really hit an miss with lenses. Not that many independent retailers stock a ton of lenses. I would just put out a WTB thread on here and see what kind of prices you can get things for. Some people will order dozens of say Big Taco lenses just to have for that purpose.

It's really hit an miss with lenses. Not that many independent retailers stock a ton of lenses. I would just put out a WTB thread on here and see what kind of prices you can get things for. Some people will order dozens of say Big Taco lenses just to have for that purpose.

I gave up. I couldn't find what I needed on other sites and grew tired of checking eBay at 4am for a new listing. I just gave in and ordered a bunch of Flak lenses to be cut for my Pennys and Juliets. Got 24K PI and Chrome PI. Now I just have to wait for them to come, send them to the man @Chris A Hardaway , and be set hopefully in about 10 days or so. Probably going to send a Penny and a Juliet to the X-Man and ask for him to finish them in Ceracote black...should look nice with the 24K lenses.

Just one more Penny and one more Juliet and I'm DONE....(I've said that many times though) lol

Oh, and I got all my donor lenses....I might pick up some extra ones later on down the line, but I have pretty much all I need right now. Took a while, but my Penny & Juliet wardrobe is just about complete. :)

ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES!!! I actually got to work on and design the art for the last movie's (RAMBO) ads and posters. I can send a full one sheet poster out to anyone who wants one....just pay for the tube and shipping (I have 2 versions).
That's awesome. Do you freelance, work in house or?

That's awesome. Do you freelance, work in house or?
My primary job is with one advertising agency, but I do a lot of theatrical work for a on/off Broadway advertising agency. And yes, I try and do all the freelance work that I can. Sometimes I can go on vacation, kick out a job from an old template I used in the past, and charge them 12 hrs. worth of work. Been doing this for almost 15 years now...growing rather tired of it. It was much more fun back in the day when my old man was doing the same thing....only difference is that he used his hands...no computer, and he was also the owner of the agency. He has credit for over 100+ films. It's fun work, but I no longer wish to sit behind a keyboard all day...so I'm looking for a career change. Probably moving to Greece in a few months. Sorry for the OT!!

the best way to get donors for cheap is to learn the donor list and wait for Friends and Family sale for 30-40 percent off.
I think they limit you to 5 lenses but you can go into multiple O stores in a day/week
it doesn't help though if the donor isn't available from Oakley but for the ones that are available it saves a good chunk of change...

Back