• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Check Out This Custom Julie!!!

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
It's been a very expensive week, but from what I have seen so far it was worth every penny. I am sure many of y'all are just like me and you have ideas of custom X Metals in your head and when the funds are there you make it happen. Well I have had a great idea of another custom 2 tone Julie even before Mr.Bonz began the frames he has done for me in the last few months. This one meant I needed the skillz of two of our talented members here. I picked up a boring plasma Julie from the Exchange for a good deal and I decided to drop the hammer and make it happen. The orbitals were going to Mr.Bonz and the nose and stems would be going to my old friend Cory (RonkPM). Mr.Bonz will do the orbitals and nose pin heads in a satin black Cerakote and then send them to Cory for assembly after Cory does the nose and stems in the bright and shiny copper plating. Haven't decided on lenses yet, several would look great in this frame. So while I am discussing this one with Cory he mentioned the phrase that scares the crap out of my checking account, lol!!! He said "I have something you might be interested in", it was another customized Julie, and he knew that's all I collect. I told him to send pics with price and we would see what happens.

The next morning I get up and saw that Cory had sent the pics for this Julie. OH MAN WAS THIS FRAME AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I knew right away that I had to have it. It's very similar to the one he is doing now for me but instead of black orbitals this one had electroplated nickel orbitals. Unlike the Black n Copper Julie, I can't recall ever seeing a Nickel n Copper Julie, not in paint either but actually plated. It arrived yesterday and all I can say is it looks even better in person than in the photos, just like I do. Once I get the Black n Copper frame back I reckon this will bring me up to 15 or 16 Julies and I would have to say that this Nickel n Copper is my favorite followed by the two frames Mr. Bonz did for me with green and blue anodizing. Cory also mentioned that there would be a second box coming and it contained a surprise for me. Can't recall this happening before. I thought maybe it was a used pair of lenses, a rubber kit or .................? This 2nd box also arrived yesterday and for the second time in 30 min I was blown away again. Cory sent me a resin copy of the Oakley Bunker that he made some time back when he was playing around with the rusty decay finish. We had talked about my son being in the USAF and the fact that when he was here I told him to take anything in the display cabinet that he wanted. He returned in May from a 15 month deployment over in the sandbox and the fine sand combined with the wind over there did a number on his Oakley lenses. He will be returning there come Spring so I told him to be sure to take a bunch of the lenses I had because he was going to need them. He is My Son, My Best Friend, My Airman and most of all My Hero and there is nothing I wouldn't do for either of my kids. Cory said that he thought I did a great thing by doing this and figured I had some empty spaces in the case to fill up so he was helping with that. Thank You doesn't even come close to expressing how I feel. If you have some ideas of having something plated I can't recommend anyone that would do a finer job then Cory. Are his prices cheap? NO, but quality seldom is, and his quality doesn't take a back seat to anyone else, and to me the cost is very reasonable for the type of work that goes into electroplating titanium. I reckon I have rambled on enough again, enjoy the photos because nobody will ever own this Julie except me and my son. I'm no photographer the pics are worth exactly what you paid for them.
bad julie 4.png
bad julie 2.jpg bad julie.png IMG_20180928_184023.png bad julie 5.png
Later
NCH

Last edited:
Thank you, but the real person to thank is Cory. All I had to do was click the "SEND NOW" button and the rest is history. Electricity is overrated and I can get free wifi at McD's. Where there is a want, there is always a way, whether that way is legal or not, that can be a whole other story!
Later

Thanks Y'all,
The decision about which Julie gets melon time use to be simple, now it's a downright delima, lol!!!!! Good problem to have. I never thought I would be one of those Oakley nuts that even have a display case in their house. Nope, not me, now I'm thinking where the second case is going to go since I'm running out of room, lol!!! When the others get back I need to get a group shot.
Later
NCH

Latest Posts

Back