• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Check These Out Originals Or Fakes?

Not every pair of Oakleys are listed on o-review (but it is a very good place to start when trying to spot fakes) However, these are not authentic. There are three things here that cause suspicion:

1) Not being listed on o-review
2) Very unusual colour way (There is no gold Romeo 2.0, so where would they get a gold nose bridge and ear stems to make this "custom" piece!?)
3) If you look VERY closely at the pic, you can just barely make out that the tips of the ear stems are slightly turned out (which for some reason counterfeiters always make them this way)

Hope this helps!

All good points Mickle!

Also the listing title is "Oakley Romeo Original Sunglasses Silver mix Gold with Gold 04-11"...

04-11 is not a full model number... They are short a digit.

Call him out on them... See what he says.

Not every pair of Oakleys are listed on o-review (but it is a very good place to start when trying to spot fakes) However, these are not authentic. There are three things here that cause suspicion:

1) Not being listed on o-review
2) Very unusual colour way (There is no gold Romeo 2.0, so where would they get a gold nose bridge and ear stems to make this "custom" piece!?)
3) If you look VERY closely at the pic, you can just barely make out that the tips of the ear stems are slightly turned out (which for some reason counterfeiters always make them this way)

Hope this helps!

That's a very good observation...It is definitely a Fake...Also made in China I'm afraid.

In addition: The nose bridge is actually not flexible just like the latest Fake-JULIET, they just made a shape "looks like flexible";
For the Fake-JULIET, there's not screw connection at the lower orbit...for Fake-ROMEO, it's not necessary.

And as always, These Fake-X-Metal only looks good on webpage, but the actual glasses look like Sh*t. I've seen a lot, so U guys can believe me on this.

I'm really upset when they do that, It ruin the reputation of Chinese......If U want to make sunglasses, Creat your own ones!!!

Total fake.....the curved earstems are a dead giveaway, no need to look any further.

Very true MasChingon! But it's always good to note as much as possible, that way the people who are new to buying Oakleys will know what to look out for. Some guys who KNOW they are selling fakes will hide the obvious traits with very well-taken photos.

Very true MasChingon! But it's always good to note as much as possible, that way the people who are new to buying Oakleys will know what to look out for. Some guys who KNOW they are selling fakes will hide the obvious traits with very well-taken photos.

That's why on O-Review we have a fakes thread.....they didn't like that idea here. I believe in information, that helps make informed decisions.....

Latest Posts

Back