• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chip Foose Hollow Point

Foose yeah he does.....

I'm curious why you would say that.

Play on words....

As I was typing Regga got in and interrupted me since I don't type as fast as Frank and Kronin.
My answers were going to be:
Because that's punny.
And because I'd be disappointed if I made the level of contribution to the brand that Chip has and I couldn't pick up the phone or walk into the store at One Icon and get a watch. I'd have that or something similar like an annual comp budget, but I'd have some free goods via some means.
He damn sure doesn't pay full retail so the truth is where it usually is - in the middle.

As I was typing Regga got in and interrupted me since I don't type as fast as Frank and Kronin.
My answers were going to be:
Because that's punny.
And because I'd be disappointed if I made the level of contribution to the brand that Chip has and I couldn't pick up the phone or walk into the store at One Icon and get a watch. I'd have that or something similar like an annual comp budget, but I'd have some free goods via some means.
He damn sure doesn't pay full retail so the truth is where it usually is - in the middle.
All I'm gonna say is what im not gonna say.
But I know what I know and it's what I know. :p

I met Ken Griffey Jr. Probably 10 ,11 years ago maybe longer. He was living in high rise condo/apt. In downtown Cincinnati across from Montgomery Inn on the river. We were on our sport bikes and pulled into parking lot of the high rise because a couple of them wanted to smoke a cig... Anyway he was outside on balcony and saw us came down and we walked into the parking garage. He showed us his sportbike and Mercedes. We stood and talked to him for about 2 1/2 hours he told us his mom would go to the Nike store in Chicago around Christmas time and they knew who she was and she would walk out with bags full of stuff (free)....He gave us his phone number but we never called him.

Ok well he gets them for the work he does for Oakley so I suppose he works for it. A friend of mine was at a race with Rolling O there and Chip Foose was there, they gave him a Hollow Point and whatever he wanted, he just signed autographs and hung out.

I have a buddy who races offshore powerboats. Who has a sponsorship with oakley, he has a oakley coating on the dash of his boat that is a oakley proprietary paint that is non reflective and doesn't hold heat like most black paint, anyway when I walked up to the dock I was geared out hat,shoes, shorts,glasses, polo, minute machine, belt caribeaner, and he took notice just like I did of his diamond edition mm on his wrist, he took me back to the truck and I walked away with 5 pairs of glasses, a transfer case and 5-6 outfits and he sends me stuff for my birthday and Christmas and just randomly, I got a holeshot for Christmas last year from him, and I just met him randomly at a event and was working for another crew! He said what he does pay for he doesn't pay much so I would say that throwing Foose some gear is in the deal with oakley for sure! The past is what you see on the dash!
IMG_20130216_155948_397.jpg

Back