• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Choosing an Oakley platform

Oakleywiia

Oakley Beginner
I'm new to Oakley and have been spending a lot of time trying to get up to speed with the various models, frames, and lenses. I ordered an EVZero Range Trail and know I will love it. I tried on an EVZero Path and it was amazing. The problem is the EVZero lenses are not interchangeable so it doesn't seem to be a platform to build on. I'd like to start getting a variety of Prizm lenses such as the Trail, Road, Golf, Shallow Water and so forth.

I'm thinking one approach is to get the Radar EV in Trail Torch then begin adding lenses one by one. The cost of each new lens would be less than getting a new EVZero each time a lens tint is desired.

Is my thinking on this ok? Is there another option? It's a large investment and I don't want to stumble right out of the gate. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Like you, I’ve stayed away from EvZ because of non-interchangeability.
Lenses scratch too easily not to be replaceable.
For my MFrames, Radar/Lock, Racing Jackets and Jawbones, I keep 4/5 lenses of different tints for the varied environments I ride in.
Makes sense to me...

This is exactly the same approach I took when deciding how to save some money while having multiple lens options. I’ve decided to go for the Jawbreaker instead of a Radar EV because switching lenses on a Jawbreaker seemed to be a little bit easier at that time I made that decision. However, I’ve seen people switching lenses on a Radar EV and it’s not that more complicated compared to a Jawbreaker.
Radars and Jawbreakers are both great frames so I’m sure they will work for you whatever one you choose

Back