• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chris A Hardaway need help

My Oakley Flak 2.0 factory prescription lenses started to delaminate. I searched and realized that many who call their trouble delamination are actually talking about a coating flaking off.

My lenses are actually separating between layers of plastic.
#1 will Oakley honor this as a manufacturing defect even if they are several years old and...
#2 Supposing they will not honor any warranty, how much might new lenses cost?

My Oakley Flak 2.0 factory prescription lenses started to delaminate. I searched and realized that many who call their trouble delamination are actually talking about a coating flaking off.

#1 will Oakley honor this as a manufacturing defect even if they are several years old and...
@Chris A Hardaway, it would seam, we have another lost......ahem...soul, requiring your guidance....

You are correct that your issue is delamination. Unlike others who have anti reflective coatings scratching, crazing, peeling or flaking off.

Oakley rx warrants for 2 years. Prescriptions generally expire within 12 to 24 months . So by law they couldn't warranty them longer even if they wanted to *i believe.

If they are under 24 months from delivery/ship date you can warranty them. If over that you'll need to buy new lenses.

Rx Oakley lenses currently range from
$350-425 in single vision through me. Or progressive lenses range from $585 - $639... but i don't do those online. I recommend bifocal and progressive are purchased in person at your local optician.

Back