• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Christmas Gift Question - Which Frogs For My Niece?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
O.K. here's the deal ...

I bought a pair of polished white with ruby frogs for my niece for Christmas.

She's 21 and is away at college.

I have a pair of like new anti-freeze frogs which I never wear ... they just sit in my case.

So I was thinking of giving her the anti-freeze instead and taking the white ones for me.

I'll wear the white ones, but the anti-freeze are "too loud," which is why I hardly wore them.

HOWEVER, as most of you know, the white one are available all over the place for about 100 bucks (re-released recently.)

The anti-freeze are more collectible and as far as I know, Oakley has no plans to re-release them, so they may go up in value over time.

So keep the ones I'd wear, or keep the ones that will be worth $4,999.00 one day?

ha!

I would give her the white. I would actually probably give her the white regardless of the colectability of either... unless shes actually into oakleys, i think she will appreciate them more

You gift the anti-freeze to me for Christmas :) lol Jk I would just go with the white ones they are easier to replace if something happens to them.

I gave a close friend of mine a pair of Livestrong Fuel Cell's as a gift. Though they aren't anything super special, he didn't seem to appreciate them. They were scratched and scuffed about 2 weeks later.

Yeah, if you won't don't wear the Anti-freeze what makes you think she will? Give her the white, no question about it.

Latest Posts

Back