• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

chrome dipped

agentshane

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Fort Worth Texas
Who besides soulfulfrog does Chrome dipped Jawbones? He has a guy but currently not working right now, so looking for someone else. Thanks!!

Legit chrome plating, or “looks like chrome” work?

For legit plating, I think only the eBay seller referenced here a few times does plating (besides @SouLFuLFroG). Not sure if chrome plating is part of the ebay services offered though...(Copper & gold, is the plating I’ve seen)

Here is a screenshot of the ebay seller - and the default finishes that is offered.

I remember @Blondie getting some work done by that seller. Memory is everyone who worked with the seller, had positive experiences. It takes a few months for the frames to get back to you however, and they travel around the world during the customization process.

ebay seller aggjsp info.jpg

Research is an amazing developer of anything custom. To be honest if I can pound the pavement here enough and find a PVD chrome plating company willing to do some frames you've gotta be able to come up with someone who's willing in the US. There are thousands of companies over there that do chrome over plastic. Google and phone calls is how I was able to find someone.

I think Dr Chop done these - the top ones are definitely his work....View attachment 755231
Doc chop sent all his stuff out for plating.. actually at the time he did the big batch a lot of people lost their frames. I've seen and owned some of the plating chops company did. It was awful as most of them had the chrome fail within a few wears.

I personally used to do it here but the cost was just to high and the process was messy as hell. Kinda why I send my friends frames out now. There are a few people on Facebook that advertise doing chrome over plastic just with a quick search I did this morning.. make some calls and you'll find someone local I'm sure.. its super easy
Screenshot_20200626-064105_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200626-064059_Facebook.jpg

Back