• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chrome X-Metal Coin Holder

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
In my search for a few of these I found this:

It appears to be chrome (the one on the left, of course) ?? Not polished aluminum...?? It is a bit lighter than the standard solid aluminum block. Does anyone else have these? Can you tell me where they came from, are they a special run? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

20140508_191717.jpg
20140508_191748.jpg
20140508_191813.jpg
20140508_191819.jpg

It's polished aluminum. I have polished them to a mirror finish. The reason why it's lighter is its the hollow version. Flip it upside down and you will notice this. I have several of them polished and unpolished.

Thanks for the info :) That is interesting. I know the aluminum can be polished to shine, but these are not hollow. The bottom/base is solid. My understanding is the die-cast 'hollow' ones are a different alloy also... Hmmmm... More ?'s pending as soon as I can get back home to get pics of the base, compare the weigh (which also seems different)...

BTW - the hollow die-cast stands weight just under 3oz, whereas the solid ones weigh considerably more, approximately 4 1/4 oz... the shinny/chrome-like one that is apparently a well polished solid weighs in @ 4 1/4 oz.

Latest Posts

Back