• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cigars

I've tried a lot over the years but I always tend to fall back to the Acid line. Typically the Acid 1 or Kuba Kuba. I know they are infused but damn are they good. I have a small humidor, holds 20 or so but I usually only buy what I want to smoke the coming week so there are maybe a dozen tops at any given time.

I've tried a lot over the years but I always tend to fall back to the Acid line. Typically the Acid 1 or Kuba Kuba. I know they are infused but damn are they good. I have a small humidor, holds 20 or so but I usually only buy what I want to smoke the coming week so there are maybe a dozen tops at any given time.

Yes, I think Drew Estate does a lot of top notch stuff, and were one of my draws to more Nicaraguan stuff later on. Their infusing process is proprietary, not like a normal flavored cigar. The Acid line is great and very creative, you just can't store them in the same humidor as your regular sticks...

I've liked a lot of their normal stuff, too, though I'm not stocking any at the moment. I do have some Drew Estate stuff, though:

If you zoom in on the pic on post 23:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/cigars.32460/page-3#post-363134

That crate-looking box in the upper right is Mayorga coffee infused by Drew Estate. They only did them in little cigar tins with several different coffees, each one of which you could get individually but the fanciest, Jamaican Blue Mountain, was only available as a single stick in a variety tin. This box was a prototype that never went into production, a full box of 30 Mayorga Jamaican Blue Mountain in full-size Robustos. IMHO, they're worth their weight in gold.

In the same pic, below and to the right of the Mayorga is The Egg by Drew Estate. It is normal, non-flavored tobacco with the odd egg shape in the middle. I bought two, smoked one and kept the other.

Here's some cropped pics of the two:
mayorga.jpg

egg.jpg

I meant to mention the Acid line when this thread got started. I also enjoy most of their cigars. I too keep going back to their infused goodness. Drew Estate churns out some good stuff.

I've had a couple Drew Estate Java's and they were real good. I've stored my Acid's with other cigars with no issues. Then again, we're only talking 2-3 Acid's with a few other non-infused ones but they usually don't stay in there long enough to effect anything. I'm hoping once we get a new house with a 'man cave' I'm gonna get a nice humidor and stock a lot...I'm also going to get my salt water tank back, too!

Anybody got Cubans?

I've been aging some Romeo Y Julieta for 11 years - got them in Iraq during the war. I think one of them is right about ready.

I've got a couple Behikes as well that have been aging for about 4 years now.

I'll post some pics later.

Need help with online cigar shops. Now I'm using only cigar.com and cigarplace.biz. Tried to order online at famous-smoke.com but delivery rules too hard (too high postage rates for first order), cigarsinternational.com issued my first order and sent, but when I tried to place my second order manager tell me what "we can't place your order because your card issued by bank outside of US". So, maybe somebody can tell me another source to buy cigars online from US? Thanks.

Back