• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cinder Monster Dog - Deal Thread For Herbsley

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Are you KIDDING me?!?!?!? Damn Herbsley. I feel bad. I just wanted to help you out since you wanted a Cinder Red frame. Guess you're the first and last person i'll ship overseas to. :sad: All this trouble isn't worth it.

Some people reacted to this post.
@SpliceD
mark the glasse next time as "gift", with a low value and send them via signed for mail . . .
that should work!

Hey D, don't feel bad man, its not your fault. It's our Taxman.
It's the risk the buyer takes.
I'm sure the glasses will be worth it!

And its not gunna stop me buying from overseas, so shouldn't stop you selling. Don't sweat it man, its cool.

Username Hidden said:
@SpliceD
mark the glasse next time as "gift", with a low value and send them via signed for mail . . .
that should work!

Is this how to do it?
But then if the mail loses it, the seller doesn't get full compensation? Seems like putting the risk on the seller instead?

no risk no cheap Oakleys ;o)

& yet we can ship from Europe & pay no charges. WTF's the difference? beats me.

in the US they have more privacy. the post office will never open a parcel as far as i know and the US custom have other things to do ;o)

Hey Herbs,

Any update on this? Did you get them yet? I'm hoping they don't get shipped back to me and then we'll have to play this charade all over again.

PM'd . . . .

For the UK, anything under £18 is free from taxes, or under £36 if its a gift. After that its VAT at 20%, Royal Mail then add £80 as a clearance fee to any item that has to a coustoms charge applied to it (no matter how little). If its is express mail like EMS/Priority etc then its £13.50 cleance fee.

So the best way to avoid charges is to mark the item as a gift and put down a value of $50 (less than £36). It will just sail through then.
No taxes to pay on imports from EU countries though, so customs form to fill.