• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CL Finds For The Week - Monster Dogs, Oil Rigs, And... Chrome Fast Jackets!

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
Monster Dog - Matte Black/Grey

Oilrig - Shadow Camo/Slate w/ Black Icon

I picked up these two as a combo deal. Monster Dogs are going away so i'm hording them. Didn't have a matte black frame yet. The Oilrigs are my first shield lens pair. They fit me OK, but the bottoms touch my cheek :sad: Love love LOVE the shadow camo frame though. Still undecided about keeping them due to the fit.

Fast Jacket XL - Chrome/Jade/Blue

Couldn't believe it when i saw it, so i had to snatch them up! They're in pretty good condition. Minor scratches on the exterior nose bridge, but nothing too bad. Very happy with them :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
dammmnnn, chrome Fast Jackets??? i'm amazed you got those...were those ever released to the public? shame they had such issues with the frame on those, they could have sold tons of them.

Man ur the one who took my chrome fast jackets I talked to that lady 10 minutes after they posted and she didn't want to ship them

When i first saw the Chrome FMJ on Oakley.com, i knew i wanted THAT pair. They were going to be my substitute for waiting too long to buy the BMX Jawbones. I was very disappointed when they pulled them before release.

I'm also wondering why some people were able to get them when they weren't released. Oakleynerd was able to find his pair on ebay, but how did that seller get them? I'm assuming Oakley had at least a few hundred of these waiting for shipping while the rest were being made until they found an issue with the chrome. I bet they went to employees/execs after they took them off the production line and then some eventually ended up in the hands of those who sold them on ebay. I asked the seller how she got this pair, and she just told me she ordered them online. I don't think she was telling the whole truth though. She might have had a friend from Oakley that helped her get them. She told me she got them for her husband as an anniversary gift, but he didn't like them. Whatever the story, i'm benefiting :dance3:

@SpliceD
congrats nice adds - specially the fast jacket! :biggrin:
mine is a sample!

Man ur the one who took my chrome fast jackets I talked to that lady 10 minutes after they posted and she didn't want to ship them

LOL! I texted her last night and she waited until this morning to answer. I was so scared she was going to sell them to someone else, i drove an hour in traffic to go get them.

What are you doing on my CL boards anyway? Stay on your own turf in Texas! J/K! :smile: But in all seriousness, i imagine people who use CL usually don't ship. For me, the beauty of CL is that i can meet the seller and inspect the item before buying. Just yesterday i looked at a pair of Gascans with "ice iridium" lenses for $45. I jumped on them and when i went to meet the guy, the lenses were a very light blue and definitely not Iridium. Frames were real, but beat up. Lenses definitely weren't original Oakley.

@SpliceD
congrats nice adds - specially the fast jacket! :biggrin:
mine is a sample!

Thanks Nerd! Yah, broke your promise this time too :smile: But isn't a FMJ Fast Jacket a great reason to break it? :lol:

And what do you mean it's a sample? Did it come with all the other stuff? Soft Vautl, bag, lenses, hydrophobic pen and cloth, larger nose pieces?

@SpliceD
i got the whole set . . .
box, vault, paperwork and so on and on the inside i can read SAMPLE :eek:)

Back