• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CL X Squared Legit?

kenejhnsn

Oakley Beginner
Brandon, Ms.
Can someone who is familiar with x-metal square x please look at craigslist listing #3127085219.......he has a couple pairs he is selling for $100 each. the pics look good
but im not sure what i should be looking for.
Listing is under Jackson, Ms. if you cant find it by listing number. Just searched Oakley.
thanks

I have xmetal and polished ones just like those and they look identical... if they're fakes, I certainly can't tell. I'm no expert though.

Ok thanks....i will contact him tomorrow and see if he still has them and see if i can get a better look at them. I will let yall know how it goes.

Looks real for both XS!

Check thouroughly and look at the serials on both. Should be on the left ear stem.

The x metal/ruby should have OO6011-03

The Polished/Vr28 should have OO6011-05

The last one I'm having my doubts.

well i thought i was going to get in on a good deal....i contacted him this morning and he said he still had them.He sent me pics of the stems with the model #'s (Aprilia was right on with the #'s) and he was supposed to bring the by my work tonight for me to see them
(i was pretty sure i was going to jump on em) around 7:30 or 8. Come 8:30 i texted him to see if he was still coming and he said someone came by his work earlier and bought them....damn....i felt i should had first shot but guess not. He said he may get some more and he would text me if he does (dont know where from) but i wont hold my breath. Deals like that dont pop up too often. Guess i should have met up with him right that second but i figured if you say your coming then you should. Oh well guess thats how it goes.
better luck next time.....

well i thought i was going to get in on a good deal....i contacted him this morning and he said he still had them.He sent me pics of the stems with the model #'s (Aprilia was right on with the #'s) and he was supposed to bring the by my work tonight for me to see them
(i was pretty sure i was going to jump on em) around 7:30 or 8. Come 8:30 i texted him to see if he was still coming and he said someone came by his work earlier and bought them....damn....i felt i should had first shot but guess not. He said he may get some more and he would text me if he does (dont know where from) but i wont hold my breath. Deals like that dont pop up too often. Guess i should have met up with him right that second but i figured if you say your coming then you should. Oh well guess thats how it goes.
better luck next time.....

Unfortunately that is how it goes with CL deals... If you take even the slightest amount of time to think on them, odds are someone else has or is going to jump on them before you. It is a risk I know, but often times if the deal is an excellent one and the product looks real on a quick glance you have to jump on them and take the chance... I am a bit hesitant at times and have lost a few stupid good deals on CL but as you say, that is how the cookie crumbles!