• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning Gen 1 Titanium

noob question but what's differences between Juliet 1st and 2nd generation, only the release dates or design change, thx

Some design changes like, plasma went from a bone finish to a smooth finish, titanium went from a bone finish to a smooth finish also, but I think those are the only color ways that changed

but the frame size change between 1st, 2nd ans 3rd generation ?
@Chris A Hardaway the chop master certainly knows!

Not really, the frames were the same design size throughout. For example, there are only “Juliet” replacement lenses, not Gen 1, Gen3, differences etc.

One exception, some *very* early Juliet’s orbital sizing was slightly smaller, *slightly*. Just ever so smaller than the lens could flex and potentially not fit. We are talking very small changes, but technically there.
-Experienced that one first hand

thank you so if I buy OEM replacement lenses no size matters between generations, that's easier for me

thank you so if I buy OEM replacement lenses no size matters between generations, that's easier for me
You got it!

The only “sizes” are for the nose bombs, and the Temple Rubbers (aka shocks).
The nose bombs can be small or large.

The Temple Rubbers range in size. The smaller the #, the looser the fit.
15 = max loose
75 = max tight

I didn't know the shocks have size it's interesting, like that I can have one more step to a perfect fitting and feeling with some old or "loose" frames

but the frame size change between 1st, 2nd ans 3rd generation ?
@Chris A Hardaway the chop master certainly knows!

Not really, the frames were the same design size throughout. For example, there are only “Juliet” replacement lenses, not Gen 1, Gen3, differences etc.

One exception, some *very* early Juliet’s orbital sizing was slightly smaller, *slightly*. Just ever so smaller than the lens could flex and potentially not fit. We are talking very small changes, but technically there.
-Experienced that one first hand
If you got a gen 1 juliet and XX it’s safe bet those orbitals are smaller. I tend to buy the old gens so it’s not uncommon for me to get stuck with them.

no one ever refers to the lenses as gen 1, gen 2 etc but the orignal releases were the white box so if you know you have a frame with smaller orbitals it’s best to target these. For instance I have an early gen 1 xx 24k. The dam orbital is tiny as **** I’ve been trying to find one of the white box replacement lenses. This doesn’t mean the later releases lenses won’t fit but it’s Russian roulette. The same goes for the later gen frames there are some variation in sizes smaller and larger throgh a of the generations even though they typically were larger than the ealry juliets /XX.

@Chris A Hardaway certainly knows my luck on getting the unusual sized orbitals 🤣