• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning Old Earsock Residue on Bone Plasma?

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
I noticed that the earsocks on my bone plasma Juliet were sticky so I tried cleaning them and then noticed that they had little splits in the middle. I removed them and discovered the finish underneath has some residue and discoloration from the socks.

I tried cleaning with hot water and soap and then tried a little Goo Gone but no luck getting them much better. The rest of the frame looks good.

Anyone have tips on how to get rid of the black spots? Sorry if this has been covered. I tried a search before posting but didn't find anything. Thanks for any help.

Cheers :drinks:

bone5.jpg
bone4.jpg
bone3.jpg
bone2.jpg
bone.jpg

I've noticed the same thing on numerous frames, since it is under the new rubber I put on I ignore it. I don't think that it can be cleaned. I think it has become a defect in the finish. Maybe others have had better luck...

That's what I was planning to do but I figured I would ask on here before installing the new earsocks. I want to ignore it but now I know its there :(

Thank you. I do have lots of car/motorcycle cleaning and polishing products. My only concern is putting a shine on the bone plasma finish. I will take a look through my product shelf tomorrow and decide if I want to give it a go or ignore it and install the new earsocks.

Thank you. I do have lots of car/motorcycle cleaning and polishing products. My only concern is putting a shine on the bone plasma finish. I will take a look through my product shelf tomorrow and decide if I want to give it a go or ignore it and install the new earsocks.
Let us know how you go!

I mean it isn't like I don't have confidence you can get the discoloration off, it's what will the frame look like after you're done, haha. That bone plasma finish is damn near impossible to clean once it has discolored. Zach does a wonderful bone plasma finish if you ever want them looking like brand spankin' new.

Warm soapy water and a magic eraser has fixed that problem for me on several first gen bone frames. Just be careful, if you rub too much it'll take off the dull finish and get glossy.