• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning Prizm lens alternatives!

Aibo82

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I have a new pair of oakleys with sapphire Prizm what’s the best method of cleaning? Is there any alternatives suitable other than the official cleaner?

I don’t want to run the risk of peeling etc!

Thank you

It’s the same process. Microfiber cloth and the solution anyone may purchase at an Oakley store.

Try it on an old pair and you'll see - just as soft as modern microfibre, I'd even say, softer.

To me, the modern microfibre is as rough as sandpaper and also - the cleaning stuff. Ive seen it eat into lenses like acid.

Old school microfibre - the silver stuff. Whole different kettle of fish, softer soft.

You know if youve got micro scratches because the sunlight will always look as if you've got grease on the lenses.

PS - I have a condition that allows me to see really really clsoe up. Indeed - I suspect most obsessed collectors on this forum may have the same condition. :)

Haha - believe it or not - I can microscope my naked eye!

Only just realised that most folk can’t do this stuff.

My hearing too! I can hear electricity buzzing though walls and even smell the geeza snaking a *** from about two miles away.

Can be a real bother at times. Hypersensitive

Back