• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning Specific Part Of Glasses

Osiris

Oakley Beginner
I recently found this forum from Batwolf's cleaning post (was a good helpful post :smile:). However, no matter how hard I look, I can not find what I'm looking for!

I bought Polished Black & Gunmetal VR28 Black Iridium Polarized Pit Boss Sunglasses. Now, I've had them for probably 2-3 years, and I still have trouble with this...

A lot of Oakley's you can remove the lenses from the frame, but these specific sunglasses seem to be... impossible --or maybe just impossible without voiding whatever warranty they have? Maybe they don't have the warranty anymore, but if they don't, I really don't want to mess these sunglasses up. I digress, I am looking for a method to clean within the creases where the lenses and the frame come together. I constantly see specs of whatever in there, and I really want to clean them... How do I reach those areas?

Please and thank you! (Also sorry if I broke a forum rule by posting...)

I recently found this forum from Batwolf's cleaning post (was a good helpful post :smile:). However, no matter how hard I look, I can not find what I'm looking for!

I bought Polished Black & Gunmetal VR28 Black Iridium Polarized Pit Boss Sunglasses. Now, I've had them for probably 2-3 years, and I still have trouble with this...

A lot of Oakley's you can remove the lenses from the frame, but these specific sunglasses seem to be... impossible --or maybe just impossible without voiding whatever warranty they have? Maybe they don't have the warranty anymore, but if they don't, I really don't want to mess these sunglasses up. I digress, I am looking for a method to clean within the creases where the lenses and the frame come together. I constantly see specs of whatever in there, and I really want to clean them... How do I reach those areas?

Please and thank you! (Also sorry if I broke a forum rule by posting...)

the lenses are removable, it requires a screw driver though and might not be worth your time to take them out regularly to clean.

My recommendation would be to take the cap of a cheap ballpoint pen, use the skinny arm on it with your micro wrapped around to reach into the crevices you cant get to with just your fingers.

Great idea! I never thought about that! I'll give it a shot either later, or tomorrow. :biggrin:

I also just bought a pair of carbon/black iridium polarized Juliets, before they run out --especially since they are discontinuing them. :( Not to be cheesey, but I wish they still sold the ruby quartz lenses --I won't accept anything other than Oakley lenses in mah Oakley's. xD

Thanks for the help --will report back here with success or failure.

Back